Huey AI Door Gunners not Firing after Apache Update

bitboy

Hi,

After the DCS update yesterday 3/17/2022 (included the Apache module). Noticed today that the UH-1 Huey AI door gunners and AI Co-pilot will not engage or open fire, even when set at "Free Fire" with ideal conditions for spotting enemy targets. We discovered this on a mission where there is heavy use of the AI Door gunners. Maybe a bug that came about with the Apache release?

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
bitboy

• Thanks 3

Same here - ED.  This one seems pretty easy to produce.  @BIGNEWY or @NineLine, you guys need a track for this?

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

When the reason kicks in for this bug my door starboard gunner was down to 40% ammo he just stopped. my port gunner did pick up the slack but then he stopped and was well above the 40% ammo and my Co pilot did nothing when told to fire at will. All ground troops killed but 2 1st time then 1 left alive after that. I had to rocket blast them to finish. Why not?

I just hope this is addressed soon and not buried under the mounds of Apache work.  Crossing fingers this is easily triaged and corrected.  I love my new Apache, but have unfinished business in my Huey.

Looking at you, Paradise Lost!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I was just coming here to post that myself @Gianky

That was a massive update and its good to see all those changes/fixes.  Personally, the lack of a fix for DoorGunner AI is highly disappointing to me.  First world problems, I recognize. 

Well - and I am not joking - we'll have to wait another 2 weeks to see if the next patch contains the fixes.  Given these platforms (MI-8 and Huey) are so old when compared to ED's development focus, I am concerned issues with what could be considered "non-mainstream" modules continue to struggle getting development resource attention. 

There's always going to be something more shiny to address.  I hope I am just borrowing trouble here.  Without any way of knowing if this issue has even been triaged by the team and is in a development sprint, we're going to just have to sit, be patient, and hope whomever is responsible for managing the defects across modules cares enough to get this work prioritized.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

Personally, the lack of a fix for DoorGunner AI is highly disappointing to me.

Tell me about it! The Huey is the only whisk I have! 😄

The Vietnam War fever I'm experiencing since the F-4 announcement and the A-4E-C version 2 had me dust the old chopper... I guess I'll have to put it in the hangar again for a little while more. 😧

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Personally, the lack of a fix for DoorGunner AI is highly disappointing to me.

It's fixed though...

• Thanks 3

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

3 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

It's fixed though...

Can't wait to go test it out.  That's great news.

Confirmed!  Odd they left it out of the patch notes, but hey, much prefer to be surprised with good news!

Edited by Mistermann
Confirmed the fix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 2 weeks later...