TGP changes? TMS forward not behaving as before

In CCRP mode, with TGP as SOI, I am accustomed to being able to press TMS forward to designate.   TMS forward doesn't seem to do anything now for me in TGP.   TMS back will reset TGP to the steerpoint as it did before update, but now it seems to just slowly drift off the steerpoint on it's own without any inputs from me.   It will stay on the steerpoint if it's not SOI, but as soon as I switch TGP to SOI it starts drifting.  I reviewed the change notes but I don't see what I need to do differently procedurally to set a TGP point.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Seeing the same thing on multiple PCs I'm using.

This worked for me:

1. TMS right (area track)
  2. slew TGP to the desired target
  3. TMS fwd (point track)

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Looks like this was related to a little drift in my TDC axes.  I added a small dead zone and it went away and everything works now.  Did the last patch change the responsiveness of the TDC or just coincidence?  I didn't need the deadzone until I updated.  Maybe just a coincidence

• Like 1

All works fine here and I didn't notice any change since last update. I don't have any deadzones in my TDC axis either.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2022 at 2:11 PM, HawkEXO said:

Looks like this was related to a little drift in my TDC axes.  I added a small dead zone and it went away and everything works now.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this! 

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the TGP to lockup targets.  Pressing all the proper TMS keys and it just wouldn't go into area or point track.  I was getting frustrated and came out here to see if there were any bugs reported.  Your comment solved my issue.  I didn't even consider the TDC axes possibly sending data inadvertently.  The dead zone setup solved the problem and I'm back on schedule from a training standpoint.

This community is awesome.  👍

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I'm seeing the tpod go spastic sometimes, perhaps after evasive manoeuvres.. Can't even use the CZ function to get it stabilized. I can TMS up or aft and it will still drift and spin out. After a moment, and sometimes switching it off and back on again, this behaviour will disappear. I have 0 tdc mini-stick drift, i checked after reading this thread.