Switching / Cycling Waypoints?

SandMan23
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

You don't select waypoints like a fixed wing, You set a Direct To from the waypoint route. All in the TSD Route and Points videos.

ALl that for me to select WP3? oh my godddd. I feel bad for our army pilots already. lol

• Like 1

No way to cycle WP’s?  Seems the Apache needs some QOL updates. 😜

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

9 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

No way to cycle WP’s?  Seems the Apache needs some QOL updates. 😜

I thought the opposite when I learned most of the fixed wing lol. "Wtf you mean I have to manually select my point, why is it so hard to add to the route?"(clarification on what I was thinking, it's a joke) Figured it out eventually lol

Edited by kgillers3
It was a joke. Sorry.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

I thought the opposite when I learned most of the fixed wing lol. Wtf you mean I have to manually select my point, why is it so hard to add to the route? Figured it out eventually lol

A WP increment/Steer button would be handy in case you don't want to auto-magically select your next WP.  I'll sort it out... comes with a new module learning process. 🙃  There must be a way to turn off the auto function and manually select my next destination, just haven't found it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

10 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

A WP increment/Steer button would be handy in case you don't want to auto-magically select your next WP.  I'll sort it out... comes with a new module learning process. 🙃  There must be a way to turn off the auto function and manually select my next destination, just haven't found it.

Look above

39 minutes ago, Sarge55 said:

Also I was just making a funny, wasn't talk'n down on you. My b if it came across as that way. 

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

There must be a way to turn off the auto function and manually select my next destination, just haven't found it.

There is, sort of. Simply remove the waypoints from your active route (or select one of the other empty route plans), and then manually select the next W## you want to fly to using DIRect and the COORDS options. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Also I was just making a funny, wasn't talk'n down on you. My b if it came across as that way. 

No worries, didn't take it that way.  Just use to flying the jets.

@frostycab Thanks for pointing the way. 👍

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 hours ago, admiki said:

TSD->RTE->DIR->select point you want.

Not great, but not crazy hard

The issue I have with this method is the waypoint location marker doesn't switch to the selected waypoint, the ETA information is incorrect too. So for example, if I select TSD>RTE>DIR and then select waypoint 2, I can see my waypoint update/(distance to) in my hud, but the waypoint indicator itself is still locked on waypoint 1. When I fly there my ETA info is also inccorrect, it is like it is calculating my distanance from WP1. 

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

51 minutes ago, Dav IRL said:

The issue I have with this method is the waypoint location marker doesn't switch to the selected waypoint, the ETA information is incorrect too. So for example, if I select TSD>RTE>DIR and then select waypoint 2, I can see my waypoint update/(distance to) in my hud, but the waypoint indicator itself is still locked on waypoint 1. When I fly there my ETA info is also inccorrect, it is like it is calculating my distanance from WP1. 

OK, my bad, you need to press your desired WP twice. It needs to be boxed, not underlined. I'll edit my original post. Thx for bringing it up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, admiki said:

OK, my bad, you need to press your desired WP twice. It needs to be boxed, not underlined. I'll edit my original post. Thx for bringing it up

Thanks a mill, this has been testing my patience lol 🙂 

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Finally figured it out lol. Using the cursor select helps this process a lot while keeping hands on the controls.

The "automatic" system of advancing the waypoints seems unforgiving. I swear I was flying right through the location, altitude and all and it didn't switch forward. Oh well.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

58 minutes ago, S. Low said:

Finally figured it out lol. Using the cursor select helps this process a lot while keeping hands on the controls.

The "automatic" system of advancing the waypoints seems unforgiving. I swear I was flying right through the location, altitude and all and it didn't switch forward. Oh well.

If you are in RTE mode it will not switch. If you are changing anything you need to go back to default TSD.

Also, while cursor works, I find it faster to change via buttons (of course if I can take my hand of the cyclic).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, admiki said:

If you are in RTE mode it will not switch. If you are changing anything you need to go back to default TSD.

Also, while cursor works, I find it faster to change via buttons (of course if I can take my hand of the cyclic).

Noted about RTE mode, thanks! 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

For me, as a "gamer - pilot" - it's not the Waypoint functions mentioned above thats the problem, it's the TARGET syntax (which is sort of the same).

By having to go through various button presses, and then different buttons depending on the target number it's VERY hard to program a work-around macro.  If you could delete targets  from a list that would be once thing to make things simpler to program.

Maybe once the FCR comes out with hopefully shoot lists that will solve this issue.

Sorry for the little de-thread.....