AGM-84 Harpoon explodes and kills A/C on launch (F/A-18)

Rea3perPr0

AGM-84. Harpoon explodes after launch from F/A-18C 

Two attempts at the following configuration:

Mode: BOL - Flight: Low - Term: Skim - SRCH: 5NM - DEST: 60 NM - BRG: 78°

1st attempt: 4 x AGM-84. Harpoon loaded, 1 x fired; upon pressing Weapon release button, A/C exploded instantaneously
2nd attempt: 4 x AGM-84. Harpoon loaded, 4 fired, 3/4 detached regularly, dropped aprox, 200 ft from A/C, then started to explode, 1/4 "survived" and continued regular patch

Wingman confirmed 1st attempt in repetition experiment, A/C exploded upon weapon release.

Harpoons were fired from 12´000 - 16´000 NM, @ aprox. 40 NM to target, @ speeds of 250-350 kts, sufficent combat spread aka separation was proved between any other A/C.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I hoped it was fixed in the current (today) update. Unfortunately, it isn't. I will try the workaround, launch above 20k feet, instead.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

yeah, I figured that out too. Three missiles launched successful, the last one killed me - all the same settings. I flew the same bearing, so a collision is not the reason... 😞

Edited by v2tec

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:04 AM, Harker said:

In that thread, @BIGNEWYmentions firing from above 20000'. That workaround does not work. I just fired from 20.600' and the aircraft exploded.

I then tried 24000', same result. So altitude isn't necessarily a component in what's causing the bug to happen.

Be advised that the behavior doesn't seem to be deterministic. When I played back the 24000' .trk, the aircraft didn't explode, but that is what happened when I recorded it. Then I tried playing the .trk again and this time the aircraft DID explode. This means whatever you record, might play differently in the .trk, and may also play diffrently each time you play the track.

From my testing, they indeed do not seem to explode when fired in R/BL mode though. So that workaround seems fine.

Harpoon_SP_AircraftDestroyed_24000_Bug.trk Harpoon_SP_AircraftDestroyed_21000_Bug.trk

• 1 month later...

RBL mode in conjunction with Attk radar (SEA) works. However the SEEK option doesn't toggle. Its stuck at Medium.
BOL mode still causes Harpoon to self destruct mostly every launch.

With the new Falklands map, recreation of Anti Shipping sorties I think might increase.

Please fix E.D

On 7/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, McNasty_UK said:

BOL mode still causes Harpoon to self destruct mostly every launch.

A fix is in the works. A little more patience, please.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.