CA engine sounds broken after latest open beta update

Yes I noticed this as well and if I had to take a guess as to why, it would be because they finally made ctrl+E actually work. This key command allows you to turn on and off the engines of units in CA. I presume this is to go along with the new IR system so running vehicles are hotter than vehicles that have been turned off. This is just my best guess though.

It is nice to finally see the ctrl+E function work though.

Some vehicles like the Tor still have engine sounds and even have a starter sound now. I have tried to get this function to work for years with no luck. Now it seems to work on everything I have tried it on.

Update:
Just tested and engine on at idle does increase the thermal signature of the vehicle around the engine bay.

Edited by NeMoGas
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, key_stroked said:

Engine sounds are still missing from some vehicles, like the Leopard MBT.

I have tested all 4 variants using the latest OB update and the engine sounds are audible. Please make sure your engine is switched on using LCtrl+E and see if that has an impact for you. If not please provide a trk file for review. Many thanks.

Test Conditions:

1.   All 4 Variants.
2.   Channel Map.
3.   Latest Open Beta Version. (2.7.12.23362)   

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, key_stroked said:

Engine sounds are still missing from some vehicles, like the Leopard MBT.

Not seeing the same, tested all leopards in the game.

Leopard_sound.trk

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, SUNTSAG said:

I have tested all 4 variants using the latest OB update and the engine sounds are audible. Please make sure your engine is switched on using LCtrl+E and see if that has an impact for you. If not please provide a trk file for review. Many thanks.

Test Conditions:

1.   All 4 Variants.
2.   Channel Map.
3.   Latest Open Beta Version. (2.7.12.23362)   

21 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Not seeing the same, tested all leopards in the game.

Leopard_sound.trk 55.33 kB · 1 download

Have either of you tested on a dedicated multiplayer server? And are you testing with units spawned on mission start, or with dynamically spawned units? Because I'm in a dynamically spawned unit right now on a multiplayer server, and this M1A2 has no engine audio. I've cycled engine start on/off as well. No change.

Edited by key_stroked

• ED Team
11 hours ago, key_stroked said:

Have either of you tested on a dedicated multiplayer server? And are you testing with units spawned on mission start, or with dynamically spawned units? Because I'm in a dynamically spawned unit right now on a multiplayer server, and this M1A2 has no engine audio. I've cycled engine start on/off as well. No change.

Please give an example track replay with it not working we will check it. It is working for us.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2