What level of flight mode do you use?

wolfast

What level of flight mode do you use?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What level of flight mode do you use?

• Sim, all the way
    • Some sim, some "game" options
    • All "Game" I love the Arcade
    • What? DCS has a "game " mode??

Sim here as well ,,, but gotta long way to go on this learning curve

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Couple of days i have been using all sim options. I started with game mode on a russian version and now after ENG version i started learning the TRUE way of flying and attacking. Still can't fly for shit. :smartass: And often when i'm finding targets and finally got a lock on target and launch my first ATGM the enemy SAM sends me a exploding welcome party at my face. :)

This really is HARD !

Callsign Lycanthrope79

If you mean the gameplay options, i only have these enabled

tool tips

permit crash rcvr

eternal views

labels, however i dont really need labels now since i figured out the abris/navigation.

, the rest is disabled.

Edited by Cosmo81

Sim only but. Although all simulation type games attract elitists, we should not knock the guys playing arcade. It is a good way to get the feet wet, is still difficult and may be just what they need to help them discover that they want to jump in to sim mode. And it the don't ? Who cares, as long as they enjoy it.

Unless of course we think there are too many people into these kinds of games and want to thin out the ranks. I am pretty sure ED don't think that :-)

Steven.

I don't think this poll is likely to tell us much, I doubt that anyone who would be playing it in arcade mode will be on the forums. If they were interested enough to be on the forums, they probably would be hard corps flight simmers......imho.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Sim only but. Although all simulation type games attract elitists, we should not knock the guys playing arcade. It is a good way to get the feet wet, is still difficult and may be just what they need to help them discover that they want to jump in to sim mode. And it the don't ? Who cares, as long as they enjoy it.

Unless of course we think there are too many people into these kinds of games and want to thin out the ranks. I am pretty sure ED don't think that :-)

Steven.

no, I feel MSFS is a place to get your feet wet. I only wish more people to enjoy sims. I want DCS to sale and make money... I just feel an Arcade "mode" is too much. Id like to See more Basic flight aircraft in the DCS line. OR maybe Ive been flying sim and Real aircraft for too long. :smartass: AKA old and stuck in my ways:smilewink:

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

Sim only. It has been a long time since I flown such a finely model Helicopter sim.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Sim + external views + restore things. Although it's not realistic but i love observing the battlefield from different angles

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

Well, currently I play it in arcade mode! When I get bored, I'll gradually go into sim mode, as I did with Lo:FC.

Anyway, I'm more a gamer than a simmer. And the strange thing is: Black Shark is also a very good game! The arcade mode is very balanced and bug-free. It could attract loads of more casual simmers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's great to have both options; sim and arcade. I think it draws a larger market and arcade mode is great for learning the sim. I flew easy mode initially while I was learning the avionics, and now I have the avionics down I'm still flying easy mode while I learn the nav system. Once I have all of the systems down I'll focus on flight. It's up to the individual how they play it, but I personally think it's beneficial to have both level to encourage more gamers to try a sim. :)

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

It's great to have both options; sim and arcade. I think it draws a larger market and arcade mode is great for learning the sim. I flew easy mode initially while I was learning the avionics, and now I have the avionics down I'm still flying easy mode while I learn the nav system. Once I have all of the systems down I'll focus on flight. It's up to the individual how they play it, but I personally think it's beneficial to have both level to encourage more gamers to try a sim. :)

I agree the arcade mode clearly draws in a large audience (not everyone wants to learn every nook and cranny of a high fidelity flight sim). With that said I'm happy that the devs provided us with the option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

When i'm playing campaigns i use game mode still for flying, i find it just too hard with sim mode. It still isn't any easier than any other regular sim in the past. Without game mode this sim really is over the top hard sim like no other ever in history of games. For the last couple of days i have been practicing all sim mode, but i find it just too hard for me. I have a wife and 2 kids so i don't have the time it would take to learn all that.

btw. Does anyone know how to get rid of those consolish weapon indicators on lower right screen. I know how to disable that toy radar, but weapon indicator i don't know. Also what i wish for is a semi game mode. Where everything else in avionics is in sim mode, but target locking is behind one button. ED Patch perhaps. ? :music_whistling:

After remapping my stick i think it isn't needed now. I can start attacking in less than 10 seconds after entering target area. Now only thing i need to learn is how to fly this thing in Sim mode...

Night time battes with full avionics is pain in the ass. You can't see *hit in your shkval monitor. Only thing that's going to help you is if someone else illuminates the area for you. IR would be nice buddy...

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79