CPG HDU - how to reduce brightness?

Bennimaru
Go to solution Solved by ARM505,

hi guys, maybe the most stupid question of the month:

has anyone managed to find the damn brightness knob for the HDU in the CPG cockpit? I also looked for a binding in the adjust control section but it doesnt exist, the HDU is so annoying in night missions i was forced to turn it off. 

thanks for the help 

Edited by Bennimaru

• Bennimaru changed the title to CPG HDU - how to reduce brightness?
  • Solution

Unlike the pilots seat with it's rotary controllers, the front seaters IHADSS brightness is adjusted via the SYM rocker switch on the upper right side of the TDU (the center display, sorry if this is obvious already).

Edited by ARM505
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ARM505 said:

Unlike the pilots seat with it's rotary controllers, the front seaters IHADSS brightness is adjusted via the SYM rocker switch on the upper right side of the TDU (the center display, sorry if this is obvious already).

Also make sure you're sight select HMD, if you're sight select TADS it will affect the TDU brightness and symbiology on the TDU itself and not the IHADSS brightness settings. 

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Sprool said:

How do you turn down the green TADS screen in CP/G seat?

Adjusting the brightness of the GPG's C-HDU overlay(s)

1. Turn NVS Mode = NORM (LH side panel aft of power levers)
(FLIR in the top left of the HMD).
2. Use the TEDAC 'BRT' rocker, right of the centre display - cycle down/up to reduce/increase the C-HMD's overlay brightness as desired
3. Turn NVS Mode = OFF
4. The C-HMD TAD overlay will inherit the NVS mode's brightness.
(The 'BRT' rocker now controls the brightness of the TEDAC's center screen)

This is the original post.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080