George way too high in VR (HP G2)

Kayos

The IHADS and George are way too high in VR.  I have to strain my eyes so much to read the heading tape it's almost impossible.

George is up there too.  Sometimes I have to hold mt G2 so I can look up that high.  After an hour I pretty much have to take a break my eyes are so sore.  It would be nice if we can control how  far up or down the IHADS and George are.  Maybe George can be made movable so we can move it around the screen?  IHADS can't be done that way but needs to be way lower.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Can you take a screenshot in VR please. 

IHADSS for me in the G2 looks fine, as it should in real life, the George AI menu at the top is ok for me its just a glance up to check it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

the George AI menu at the top is ok for me its just a glance up to check it. 

thanks

Yes Its a bug I suppose ->>> George menu (from pilot perspective in VR) is too high. Part of NVG googles cover it (so you cant read the top of menu)

I'll do the shot but it looks like this:

OE39M65h.jpg

From gunner position its better.

IHADSS its ok (and it looks VERY WELL - good JOB ED!!!) 👍 , not a bug.

Edit.

Ok I did the screen of George menu:

OI8qMyw.jpg

Gunner:

R2COST2.jpg

Better to have all left bottom (or top) corner. At the beginning, Mi-24 also had a problem with it, now it's better there.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team

I will mention it to the team but it is intended this way.

Can I suggest for now you go to the special options menu and untick IHADSS monocle visible, this maybe better for you. 
Personally I dont show it, I just use right eye option. 

Screen_220319_111613.png

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

33 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Can I suggest for now you go to the special options menu and untick IHADSS monocle visible, this maybe better for you. 

Screen_220319_111613.png

IHADSS is ok! Just George menu isnt in good place! 🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
58 minutes ago, YoYo said:

IHADSS is ok! Just George menu isnt in good place! 🙂

Yes I understand, but if you turn it off it wont be obstructed. I will speak to the team about it. 

thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I'm confused....it was intended for VR users to have to disable the immersive IHADSS monocle in order to use the George AI UI?

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Stackhouse said:

I'm confused....it was intended for VR users to have to disable the immersive IHADSS monocle in order to use the George AI UI?

No, 

the AI Menu location is correct, it was intended this way. But I will feedback to the team about it.

What I am saying is if you dont like the IHADSS Clipping it you do have the option to turn it off. 

58 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

No, 

the AI Menu location is correct, it was intended this way. But I will feedback to the team about it.

What I am saying is if you dont like the IHADSS Clipping it you do have the option to turn it off. 

I understand. I hope the result is a solution where VR users can enjoy both the AI menu and the IHADSS overlay without obstruction. thanks

Thanks for taking this to the team BIGNEWY!  The -64 is amazing... especially the overall quality of the whole module for a day one early access release!

I agree with Stackhouse that I much prefer flying with the monocle visible. While just moving the interface down a bit so the outer ring isn't obstructed would work, I honestly prefer the lower left corner of my vision as the preferable spot, just like it is when not in VR (it can move with my vision in VR or be parked in a single spot in the background).

Thanks,

Dud.

• Like 1

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

13 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Can you take a screenshot in VR please. 

IHADSS for me in the G2 looks fine, as it should in real life, the George AI menu at the top is ok for me its just a glance up to check it. 

thanks

Here is my view.  The red circle is where I am looking straight ahead.  I assume the + should be where I am looking.  This is after boresighting.

KVMTGri

apache.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
58 minutes ago, Kayos said:

Here is my view.  The red circle is where I am looking straight ahead.  I assume the + should be where I am looking.  This is after boresighting.

KVMTGri

apache.jpg

what headset do you have?

I have the same problem, but I think it has more to do with the shape of my face than the headset or software. I have cheekbones stick out above average apparently so the headset sits slightly tilted up on my face nudging things out of alignment. I had a friend who is a fair bit skinnier than me try my exact setup and he said everything seemed fine.

An option to adjust the location of the IHADS up or down would be nice because even though ED may have put it in the correct spot for most people my lumpy head means it doesn't work as intended for me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

what headset do you have?

G2

10 hours ago, Zeroskills said:

I have the same problem, but I think it has more to do with the shape of my face than the headset or software. I have cheekbones stick out above average apparently so the headset sits slightly tilted up on my face nudging things out of alignment. I had a friend who is a fair bit skinnier than me try my exact setup and he said everything seemed fine.

An option to adjust the location of the IHADS up or down would be nice because even though ED may have put it in the correct spot for most people my lumpy head means it doesn't work as intended for me.

It actually does fit a little tight around my cheeks.  I don't have a problem with focus on the G2 though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice to be able drag it around like the FLOLS overlay.

• Like 3

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Also (don't know if this works) allow the use of george commands without the interface. We have the voices and that would be enough, at least for the pilot.

No, crazy idea :).

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thanks for speaking to the team, BigNewy (no need to @mention you).  

It might help us to understand why this was the intended design choice.  I suspect the development/design team already went through many other placement options and settled on this one.  Understanding "why" might help squelch the noise here.

Until then, I consider myself in the confused camp.  Even Wag's videos on George mention the intended placement of the George AI window being positioned to the side of the screen to avoid getting in the way of other information.  It seems like you're indicating the team chose to go against that for VR.  

I am on the Rift S.  Here's an image from the CPG seat.  Not sure why the IHADSS isn't getting captured in the image, but you can see how the George AI is sitting right below it making it really hard to see through all the clutter.  Actually the screen grab is much easier to read than the sim itself.

image.png

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

@BIGNEWY I think part of the issue is that boresight isn't working properly with VR.  If you line it up properly with the rings the gun is way off and so is the ihads. 

If i raise my seat way up so it aligns without me have to moved my head really far it seems to line up the gun and lower the ihads for me.

So, I think it may be related to this issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

do any of you have multi monitor setups?

Boresight is working for me in the reverb G2, I use right eye only but have tested with left and both also. 

Just to add that I have the same issue with my Reverb G2.
The Georges AI command Menu is placed above my IHADSS, it's readable but it's not very natural.
Wouldn't it be possible to place it on the left or right side of the helmet sight?
The same goes for the list of different targets. It is placed very low and not always well visible. Could it be possible to place it left or right?

For the rest the module is just beautiful, with my virtual squadron we are constantly flying to discover the machine.
A huge thank you for the work done... For a first release in open Beta the module is as good as we expected.

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

do any of you have multi monitor setups?

Boresight is working for me in the reverb G2, I use right eye only but have tested with left and both also. 

I do have 2 monitors

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Nvidia Surround with 5760x1080 3 monitors resolution that act as only 1 monitor, so I put 1 monitor in DCS when flying 2D (I don't like the side wing distortion angles that the multimonitor produces in DCS). 

No problems with Petrovich menu.

Edited by Japo32

I have no problem seeing the George menu either, but I don't have the monocle on. As the real pilots said you don't see the monocle piece IRL anyway. It was in the way with VR. If you put the IHADSS in both eyes it is almost impossible to align it with boresight. You have to boresight it in between both eyes. It is best used with one eye.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really like the position of the menu, as it doesnt clutter up the already full view with all the data on my FOV. 
I have no problems looking up, so I guess its a very individual thing 

• Like 1

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10