George way too high in VR (HP G2)

Kayos

12 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

posts merged

Thanks, however here we have two separate problems, to be clear 🙂 :

1/ Player as Pilot - George CPG AI Menu - is too high in VR (part of NVG on helmet covers the top of the AI menu)

2/ Player as CPG - George Pilot AI Menu in VR difficult to focus in VR (visible double circles of menu if we look on TADS, rendering is not correct)

In my opinion, it's best to move them further to the left and twist a little, they don't have to be in the center of the screen as that causes problems in VR, now it's worse than it was after last patch.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thanks, however here we have two separate problems, to be clear 🙂 :

1/ Player as Pilot - George CPG AI Menu - is too high in VR (part of NVG on helmet covers the top of the AI menu)

2/ Player as CPG - George Pilot AI Menu in VR difficult to focus in VR (visible double circles of menu if we look on TADS, rendering is not correct)

In my opinion, it's best to move them further to the left and twist a little, they don't have to be in the center of the screen as that causes problems in VR, now it's worse than it was after last patch.

please include a screenshot, nothing has changed with the position since the last patch , unless the multi monitor issue was creating a problem for you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

please include a screenshot, nothing has changed with the position since the last patch , unless the multi monitor issue was creating a problem for you

It was touched, before the last fixes menu George as Pilot looed like here: was far and stretched

R2COST2.jpg

Screenies for the rest:

1/ Player as Pilot: as in the tittle of this topic, position is too high

OI8qMyw.jpg

2/ Player as CPG - on TADS menu is too close players eyes so looks like double menu (the renederated position for the right and left eye is different)!

fz53cJZ.png

I havent multi monitor 2D, just main 2D screen plus VR (HP G2). For CPG (as pilot) before menu was ok, now I see 2 circles mostly when I look to TADS.

The solution is to move to the left and twist a little for VR view. It is enough to do as in the Mi-24 (there were also problems there at beginning, now its ok).

Idea (on the left position) for both George AI menu:

crEp2iy.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

15 hours ago, YoYo said:

No, its something new after the last patch. Menu Geaorge AI (as pilot) so when player use CPG position looks like is doubled. Sometimes it looks good, but if you turn on TADS and look at it after a while you will see 2 menus of George AI Pilot next to each other! 😞

Looks like a bug for me. The image is rendered in two different places on the left and right eye. As opposed to the above TADS it starts to be ok.

For me, it is not new.  No changes have occurred in the patch that changed my view.  This has been persistent since release. I was saying that someone else had perhaps called it double images in a comment they had made.

For 'different places on the left and right eye'  Yes, that is how our vision creates or perceives depth, distance of an object from our nose forward.  The greater the difference from left to right, the further away an object appears.  In the case of double vision, your eyes are not correctly capturing the 'depth' of the image, so they are not merged into a single image, by your eyes. 

With the George Menu, in BOTH Pilot AND CPG, the lower menu is at a depth (z-distance) further/deeper than the instruments or TEDAC.  Your eyes get confused and lock at a distance of the instruments or the TEDAC, causing double vision on the George menu, until you push your focus PAST those front images. when they will become a single image again.  You can test this by looking at the TEDAC, when you see a double image of the George menu, look out the left or right window into the distance.  The double vision will go away and you will see a single menu again. Then while you have the menu in focus as one image, bring your gaze back into the cockpit.  It should remain a single image, unless you get distracted by the interior and it will go double again.  You are not making 'a bug' go away, you are simply correcting your perception of the images you see.

Vision is a complicated thing.   🙂

sorry, but for me there are 3 problems

1/ Player as Pilot - George CPG AI Menu - is too high in VR (part of NVG on helmet covers the top of the AI menu)----- can be solved changing values in a lua file

2/ Player as CPG - George Pilot AI Menu in VR difficult to focus in VR (visible double circles of menu if we look on TADS, rendering is not correct) ---- can be partially solved changing values in the same lua file, placing george menu outsite of TADS location

3. HIADSS SYMBOLOGY too high. And with symbology I meant the green stuff on the monocle (heading tape, IAS, altitude tape, etc). ---- As it is rendered to high, I have to look to my feet, in order to the get the central aiming cross in front of my nose (and my vertebrae will pain every single flight). a slider in the special options menu to place the symbology as desired should do the trick (similar to the slider for the KA-50 aiming cross)

Edited by daemon1808
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IzeHouze said:

For me, it is not new. 

Ok, I won't bet, I haven't spent a lot of time on the CPG position before.

2 hours ago, daemon1808 said:

sorry, but for me there are 3 problems

1/ Player as Pilot - George CPG AI Menu - is too high in VR (part of NVG on helmet covers the top of the AI menu)----- can be solved changing values in a lua file

2/ Player as CPG - George Pilot AI Menu in VR difficult to focus in VR (visible double circles of menu if we look on TADS, rendering is not correct) ---- can be partially solved changing values in the same lua file, placing george menu outsite of TADS location

3. HIADSS SYMBOLOGY too high. And with symbology I meant the green stuff on the monocle (heading tape, IAS, altitude tape, etc). ---- As it is rendered to high, I have to look to my feet, in order to the get the central aiming cross in front of my nose (and my vertebrae will pain every single flight). a slider in the special options menu to place the symbology as desired should do the trick (similar to the slider for the KA-50 aiming cross)

It could be. I hope ED will do something with this in the nearest patch. Topic has 3 pages now and no any official solution.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

Topic has 3 pages now and no any official solution.

Yet there IS an official solution.  Its working as designed.  Still waiting for the official screen shots that we were told were coming soon.  But the word back from @BIGNEWY seemed clear to me - the positioning is exactly what ED designed.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• ED Team

The position is as intended, but we are discussing the issue with the team . 

thanks

• Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Yet there IS an official solution. 

For George AI menu? Where?

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The position is as intended, but we are discussing the issue with the team . 

thanks

Thank You :).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

For George AI menu? Where?

Earlier in this thread - BigNewy himself stated it.  😉

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

12 minutes ago, Kayos said:

Is it possible this issue is being caused by this?  @BIGNEWY

For me it is exactly that.

The IHADSS LOS is like 15-20º higher where my natural LOS is. So, in order to get the IHADSS symbology to 0º, I have to tilt down my head 15-20 degress. (neck pain, headache because most of the Symbology is out of the VR sweep spot, etc)

12 minutes ago, daemon1808 said:

The IHADSS LOS is like 15-20º higher where my natural LOS is. So, in order to get the IHADSS symbology to 0º, I have to tilt down my head 15-20 degress. (neck pain, headache because most of the Symbology is out of the VR sweep spot, etc)

I tried force my headset down so it would fit straight on my face (very uncomfortable) and it made the IHADSS align properly.  This would be an easy fix I think.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 minutes ago, Kayos said:

I tried force my headset down so it would fit straight on my face (very uncomfortable) and it made the IHADSS align properly.  This would be an easy fix I think.

No,it doesn't work for me.

HIADSS is too high and, if I fit down the headset, I see everything blurry (beside I use glasses and I can't  fit it down a lot :P)

1 hour ago, daemon1808 said:

Wait, that is odd, I use a Reverb G2 as well, and it's definitely not like that.  The vertical FOV of the G2 is less than 90 degrees, so the center of your IHADSS is more than 1/3 of the way to the top edge??

I'd suggest grabbing a screenshot with the IHADSS monocle visible.  The visible monocle can give a better perspective as to how off-center it is in the FOV, since it covers a far larger area than the symbology

EDIT:  OK, thinking about it more, I think what your saying is that the Reverb G2's FOV when your head is level covers more above the horizon than below?  That does seem to be the case (I recall the Odyssey+ was much better in this regard), but right now the symbology for me seems to be in the center of the FOV, which, with head level, is actually above the horizon.  The downside to moving the IHADSS down in the FOV is that the lower part would then be significantly out of the lens sweet spot

Edited by jaylw314

On 4/6/2022 at 8:35 PM, jaylw314 said:

Wait, that is odd, I use a Reverb G2 as well, and it's definitely not like that.  The vertical FOV of the G2 is less than 90 degrees, so the center of your IHADSS is more than 1/3 of the way to the top edge??

I'd suggest grabbing a screenshot with the IHADSS monocle visible.  The visible monocle can give a better perspective as to how off-center it is in the FOV, since it covers a far larger area than the symbology

EDIT:  OK, thinking about it more, I think what your saying is that the Reverb G2's FOV when your head is level covers more above the horizon than below?  That does seem to be the case (I recall the Odyssey+ was much better in this regard), but right now the symbology for me seems to be in the center of the FOV, which, with head level, is actually above the horizon.  The downside to moving the IHADSS down in the FOV is that the lower part would then be significantly out of the lens sweet spot

Hi,

In my case I am using a Lenovo Exporer headset, not a Reverb G2. But a screenshot will be useless  because what you seen in VR and what you seen in a 2D screen is quite diferent (even projecting the VR image in a window).

But I can provide a simple schema on what is happening, comparing how I see the HUD of any other aircraft (including the KA-50), and How I see the HIADSS symbology.

Let's say that in the schema  the aircraft is on the ground, so the velocity vector is more or less centered.

As you can see, the center of my view in any hud is more or less in the center of the symbology.

But in the HIADSS, the center of my view is way lower. So, the heading tape is blurry and If I want to shoot the tank, I have to tilt my head down

Hope this help.

HUDvsHIADSS.png

• ED Team

I am going to mark this reported, with reference to the George menu. 

Currently the george meu is correct as is, but the team recognise it may not suit everyone and they will work on a solution. 

If you still have problems with IHADSS please make a new thread

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• BIGNEWY changed the title to George way too high in VR (HP G2)
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic