Animated Hook/Helmet Hanger

dali

On 2/23/2022 at 12:15 AM, sirrah said:

I wonder, will the hook slide back along its rail if you point the nose up 🤔

If it doesn't then I'll be classing the sim as "literally unplayable"

On 2/23/2022 at 12:50 AM, sirrah said:

Wow, it already drives you nuts only by looking at Wags video? 😲

Seriously yes - it's a terribly distracting thing .. like a mole .... moley moley moley ... Sorry what were you saying about TADS again, Wags?

• 2 weeks later...

Helmet hanger hooks like those hanging off the crew station's left "go fast" handle are a type of after-market component and are found on some, but not all of the AH-64 fleet. Request: include a cockpit binding to turn it off, much like the ones that hide the controls when engaged.

• Like 3

I would like them to also slide 😄

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I'd rather have a special option to get them gone instead of a key binding. It's distracting and probably causing unnecessary physics calculations that just eat up FPS.

Also "after-market component" sounds really fancy for what's basically a metal hook. I bet they charge $20 for that thing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

It's distracting and probably causing unnecessary physics calculations that just eat up FPS.

It's literally just a looping animation, no physics calculated.

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

On 3/20/2022 at 6:11 AM, FalcoGer said:

I'd rather have a special option to get them gone instead of a key binding. It's distracting and probably causing unnecessary physics calculations that just eat up FPS.

Also "after-market component" sounds really fancy for what's basically a metal hook. I bet they charge $20 for that thing.

If the Army bought them, they were likely $200 apiece. 😆

I still remember many of my BII list from when I was a gun chief... there was one part called breech block retaining tool, It was literally a 6"x1/4" steel rod listed at $400

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• Raptor9 changed the title to Animated Hook/Helmet Hanger
  • 1 year later...