problem with radio communication

muzica9

I have this problem with the F-16 as well.  No radio messages are working (wingmen, ATC, AWACS).   I don’t even see the text. However my wingmen will act on my commands so the messages are getting through. 

Edited by Full Refund

ORIGINAL:  8088 4.77 Mhz  |  640kb RAM UPGRADE  |  TANDY 16-COLOR VIDEO  |  DUAL 5.25" FLOPPY DRIVES  |  13" VGA MONITOR  |  TANDY DELUXE JOYSTICK

CURRENT:  i5-12600k @ 5.0 Ghz  |  32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz  |  NVIDIA RTX 4090  |  3TB NVMe M.2 DRIVES  |  Pimax 8KX |  X56 RHINO HOTAS  |  VKB T-RUDDER Mk.IV  |  SIMSHAKER  |  VOICEATTACK w/VIACOM Pro

Interesting that we have different experiences.  I've now tested across multiple aircraft and maps and get the same problem across all of them (F86, F5, F14, F16, Caucuses, Persian Gulf, Nevada, Syria, Channel).  I rolled back to stable release and reinstalled Open Beta, but the problem is still there.  Sounds like ED is aware of it but if anyone wants screen shots or other files just let me know.

Edited by Full Refund

ORIGINAL:  8088 4.77 Mhz  |  640kb RAM UPGRADE  |  TANDY 16-COLOR VIDEO  |  DUAL 5.25" FLOPPY DRIVES  |  13" VGA MONITOR  |  TANDY DELUXE JOYSTICK

CURRENT:  i5-12600k @ 5.0 Ghz  |  32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz  |  NVIDIA RTX 4090  |  3TB NVMe M.2 DRIVES  |  Pimax 8KX |  X56 RHINO HOTAS  |  VKB T-RUDDER Mk.IV  |  SIMSHAKER  |  VOICEATTACK w/VIACOM Pro

1 hour ago, muzica9 said:

for me only in ob 2.7.11. works ok in stable/ob 2.7.10     me too🤧 in OB2.711

issues in the Spitfire for sure, no ATC voice feedback no text, in channel map,normandy map, Caucasus and so on.Radio coms works fine with P-51, P-47, Mosquito...i didn't try others... these issues are reported internal by the team beta tester. You could see in Spitfire forum. Waiting for hotfix some day ?....

Edited by crousti
mistakes
  • Like 1

I am having the same issues with the radio feed back since the last update. Whenever I use the intercomm menu or the PTT and then go through the F key options I do not get any response either by voice or text. This is happening with my wingmen, the ATC, AWACS and ground crew. 

This problem seems to be specific to the open beta and the MiG-21. I tested the F-16 and it works fine, even on the open beta. In the MiG-21 when I went back to the stable version it was fine, but then back to open beta same issue.

• Happens in single player ED created missions and multiplayer servers
  • Freq has been verified (it is highlighted in white as well, checked multiple presets) 
  • SRS comms still works as normal, I checked with Enigmas cold war server with the AI AWACS and it was fine. 
  • I checked the integrity of files through steam and it was normal 
  • Audio input/output is still set to my valve index, tried it on a normal headset and the issue is still there.
  • The ground crew still carry out the rearm but remain silent 
  • My pilot still talks and sends messages 

Seems like this is randomly happening to a few people, good to know I am not alone. 

dcs.log DCS log.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have had this from very beginning of DCS during single player. Now with hornet it seems that certain campaign missions get the radio silent. sometimes i recieve and can send em but no sound, some times it recieves normally, but when im sending something like "focus1-1 ennfield 1-1 requesting bogey dope" etc, sound goes like "Foc...->silence" Sometimes the radio goes TOTALLY silent, no recieved messages, no sent messages (no its not about hornets channels, i know how them work) This happens more or less with every aircraft. I have SRS installed, but not in use at the moment, and it really seems it does not matter. SOMETHING (dunno what) seems to trigger the mentioned radio bugs, more ore less everytime in certain missions, and it really is goddam annoying. With hornet I have experienced this most, could it be those missions where there is mission made radio speech but still have to change channels to AAR or something, IMO these mission sometimes trigger that. Where there is mission made radio stuff and still made so that you have to change channels... ? Is it somehow mission related even, or do i just feel so? With f-15 i had also a lot of this in single player. Seems that latest update somehow changed the radio, that now bug triggers more than before, but not so much that I could be really certain that if the update messed it around more. Does anyobody has any clue still what is this, or can it be rounded somehow. Now if it triggers for me i have to restart dcs and even restart the computer 😛 Very weird stuff. (the bugs you cannot logically explain). It is only sometimes, but usually it ruins the whole mission when it happens, and that is still something that NEVER should happen if not taken bullets to radio systems...

Edited by Wiggo

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue (not only related to the Beta) in the P-51D in the Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign. I am using VoiceAttack and Vaicom Pro Community Edition, so it could be related, but when I do not run VA, the problem still persists. I am using Easy Comms mode.

Win 11 64, 2 Computers: i7-13700K 64GB, RTX 4090OC 24GB VRAM (primary sim PC) & i9-13950HX 32GB, RTX  4090 12GB VRAM (work & mobile sim laptop), VR: Meta Quest Pro & Quest 3

In my case, the solution required that I set the VHF radio volume to maximum, and to disable chatter which would override the response at times.

Win 11 64, 2 Computers: i7-13700K 64GB, RTX 4090OC 24GB VRAM (primary sim PC) & i9-13950HX 32GB, RTX  4090 12GB VRAM (work & mobile sim laptop), VR: Meta Quest Pro & Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...

I often have an audio communication problem, the answers appear as text at the top in the usual position but I can only hear the pilot's voice, not that of the control tower.
I went into the options to see if by chance I hadn't selected the audio on the headphones but both output and input are correctly selected. I also tried selecting the option that sends audio to the rider as an in-helmet audio effect but that didn't fix the problem either.
In any case it doesn't always happen, if someone has to give me advice I thank him in advance.
Ps: I always turn the volume up on the radio and make sure I've selected the right frequency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado