Cursor doesn’t move - Joystick/ MiniStick Warthog/ Xbox Controller / PS4 Controller issue

Hello Team,

I have a persistent bug that I cannot get fixed.

I have mapped the cursor of HOCAS to various input devices, but it will not move. The cursor is either stuck in the middle of the screen or in the bottom left, and no matter what doesn’t change.

I have tried the warthog throttle mini stick, the PlayStation Joystick as well as Xbox controller joysticks. The input setting feedback clearly shows the axes are working and that input is being delivered. It is just not being translated to the cursor?!

I seem to have seen it move once for a millimeter and then stopped working again, but I did not change any settings so I figure this must be a software issue?

I seem to have seen it move once for a millimeter and then stop working again, but I did not change any settings so I figure this must be a software issue?

Does anybody else have this issue? 

Edited by Thanatos31

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

For me it helped to add some null zone on both, X and Y axles...

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

My “solution” - 

I unbound all axis. 
instead of cable bound PS4 / Xbox controller - I am using a Bluetooth connection ; and remapped to just the controller (PS4 controller via DS4tool) and now it works. 
seems to have been an issue with connecting via USB ?! 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

hmm- issue reapears after a while. Cursor is no longer slewable via axis inputs....

12 hours ago, iceman14555 said:

I had to bind mine to a hat, which worked better, and once I got it moving with the hat, I could use my ministick, but it had issues staying in one place once it was used with the ministick. It keeps drifting, even though the axis shows steady.

Had the same issue tonight! 

I got it to stop - but then it didnt move anymore via axis input 

I reproduced this only by double binding the cursor to two different input devices - my left throttle on VIRPIL mongoose and an Xbox controller. When I did that the cursor would seize after a few presses. Not sure if that is a bug or even the same as reported here.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I'm having he same issue with the T16. It seems that it gets stuck near the sides of the MFD and will not move again. If the display select button is pressed, the curser remains stuck in the center point.

I tried to record the issue while learning how to use the TSD so please excuse Wag's video in the background

https://youtu.be/9lQDO2GbTlI

Adding a small Null in the axis seems to be working for me at tis point

• Like 1

vor 47 Minuten schrieb JackalWitAnRPG:

I'm having he same issue with the T16. It seems that it gets stuck near the sides of the MFD and will not move again. If the display select button is pressed, the curser remains stuck in the center point.

I tried to record the issue while learning how to use the TSD so please excuse Wag's video in the background

https://youtu.be/9lQDO2GbTlI

Adding a small Null in the axis seems to be working for me at tis point

what do you mean with small null? i have the same problem

set a deadzone of 2 or 3 for your cursor in axis X and Z

as explained in another post, this solved the issue... 

Edited by VIXEN413
  • Like 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

After flying for a few more hours:

cursor will move with Xbox controller and PS4 controller emulated via ds4tool as well as throttle ministicks 

cursor can/will get stuck on sides of mfds 

cursor can/will stop working in the middle of mfds - unknown what causes it. 

cursors that “stick” to a side of mfd can get “unstuck” if flipped to other mfd and(!) then moved with analog entry of “cursor down/side/up”. 
after unsticking it, it is controllable via mini stick/joystick of controllers /throttle. 

5 hours ago, VIXEN413 said:

set a deadzone of 2 or 3 for your cursor in axis X and Z

as explained in another post, this solved the issue... 

Have you tried moving it into the sides of MFDs? 

Edited by Thanatos31

1 hour ago, Thanatos31 said:

After flying for a few more hours:

cursor will move with Xbox controller and PS4 controller emulated via ds4tool as well as throttle ministicks 

cursor can/will get stuck on sides of mfds 

cursor can/will stop working in the middle of mfds - unknown what causes it. 

cursors that “stick” to a side of mfd can get “unstuck” if flipped to other mfd and(!) then moved with analog entry of “cursor down/side/up”. 
after unsticking it, it is controllable via mini stick/joystick of controllers /throttle. 

Have you tried moving it into the sides of MFDs? 

yes. it's working fine and as intended. also the bumpt to other screen function works fine. 

BR

• Thanks 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

For me it still gets stuck on the side of screens , even with deadzone of 3 on mini sticks. 

Unstick only works with the analog movement input Down or Right 

Could it just be that having what is effectively a single command axis bound to multiple controller axes, in the same category/seat, is causing said controller axes to effectively compete for control and cancel each other out? 

Maybe try just having one controller axis bound in each seat.

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Could it just be that having what is effectively a single command axis bound to multiple controller axes, in the same category/seat, is causing said controller axes to effectively compete for control and cancel each other out? 

Maybe try just having one controller axis bound in each seat.

thats the case for me - as far as axis goes. 
One setup for CPG and one for Pilot ( one using the native exbox controller on my collective, one using the PS$ controller emulated to XBOX via DS4Tools)