Parking Brake not working after cold start fly

Balu010
Go to solution Solved by Akiazusa,

Rolling freely is being caused by not-working parking brake or unlocked tail wheels, maybe?
If you'd provide a track or a video, the problem could be solved easily I think.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• Solution

Did you apply the normal wheel brake while setting the parking brake?

On Apache you need to first apply wheel brake to let hyd pressure build and then set the parking brake to lock the pressure in. If you missed the first step,the parking brake handle may come out but no hyd pressure is locked in the pipe.

Also if you apply normal wheel brake after setting the parking brake,the parking brake will release automatically.

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kyoto Animation forever!

The parking brake does not behave exactly as you describe. If the pedals work like a Cessna or a P-51 then it's not quite there yet. In those airplanes the parking brake handle always comes out when pulled but whether it falls back in or not depends on how far the pedals are depressed. Also pressing the pedals past the grip point will cause the handle to fall down on its own (often to the annoyance of the owner).

On 3/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, Balu010 said:

Maybe I'm missing something but if I do a clod start, fly around, land, and engage the parking brake it does not work, the helo just rolls freely.

Hi. No any issue for me, I did a lot C&D start and always I used parking brake.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro