Engine RPM stuck at 210% after getting shot

FalcoGer

grafik.png

grafik.png

I got shot in engine #2. I shut it down by pulling the power to off, then I hit the engine 2 fire button and the fire extinguisher #1.

I flew back to an airfield and wanted to repair. they wouldn't let me repair with the APU on. I turned the APU off after applying external power. They still wouldn't let me repair.

I turned everything off. And still nothing. Engine page said 0% everything. but external view said 210% engine RPM.

If you want the track file from a 5 hour multiplayer session then tell me where to find it and up the upload limit on the forum to like 50GB and I'll send it.

I told you what the problem is, other people even confirmed it. It's your job to fix bugs, not mine. If I encounter a bug and I get the save track button, I'll happily save it for you. I just want to enjoy the sim. I do not get the track save button on multiplayer though. So no tracks for you, I'm afraid.

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 2

I had a funny moment of the engines keeping running after I shut off both, one of which was a shot up one. The rotor would spin, I could even take off again with no engines running. Just to test it I defueled the aircraft to 0% and it would still be going.

I was hosting that mission but it was like 4 hours. I did stream it on twitch though so if you want a video I can probably upload that to youtube or something.

being shot with #2 engine out message, landed FRIENDLY airfield, shut down all engines, apu and rotors completely stopped.

repair not possible with message "no can do- shut down engines"

tried even a cheat shutdown... no change.

there is a slight audio that remained on, even with BATT off

• ED Team

Hi, 

if by any chance you have a track replay of the event please attach it, we do have some fixes coming already for the repair process so hopefully it will be ok for you in a future patch

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here are two track files for a similar bug. 
Server is myself as Pilot, Persian.... is the copilot gunner's track. 

on the second flight, we got shot up and had the left engine fail. after flying home, it showed oil press and temp after everything was shut down. could not request a repair. 
Also at the beginning of each flight we had to mess around with the laser util page to get it synced.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k_uB4-K6ntmf9qMNOX4XrM6vh_OcOWf8

Edited by tech_op2000

This has happened a few times while online . 

Land with damage engine will not shut down . Rotors keep spinning . 

Also outside view may show rotors have stopped . But inside cockpit sound of rotors and engine keep turning . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same yesterday for the 2nd time.  It's quite disappointing after flying the bird back to a base with a single engine only, then struggle to shut off everything with that shaking cockpit and then finally... you find out that you can't repair it due to an engine still mysteriously spinning.  Hopefully there's a fix for both issues soon!

• Like 1

• ED Team

posts merged. 

Been trying to reproduce this today, not had any luck yet. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2