Slave George to selected pilot ACQ / Waypoint / Control Measure

LF_Luftmanu

Dear friends,

I have been having a great time with the AH-64D so far, but I believe that some options could be useful for George.

Having to manually look at the point I want him to look and search for targets it's sometimes a little but troublesome. Having flown the F-14 from Heatblur and looking at their implementation of the Lantirn and Ai interaction I was wondering if the could have something similar.

I think that having him looking at the selected pilot ACQ source would be great. You just select the point in mid-flight and then give him the command. You can also add Targets, Waypoints etc.... in only one key. Even the temporal PLT point.

Please, take a look at looking more options for SP flyers.

Kind regards,

Edited by LF_Luftmanu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. For the Hind the system was/is ok so far, but here we have that bird with a million sensors and electronic thingies that can be shared between pilot and cpg back and forth and success depends on if I hit the right pixel with my TrackIr. I hope that all that is already planned by ED and we´re only seeing the very first very basic version.

I even hope that the CPG gets some kind of SOP, as in, even if I don´t tell him to he looks at our next WP or wherever a real CPG would look, and tell me if there is something without having been told to instead of studying the playmate of the month...

ED, please make your AI a bit more...Jester-ish.

Aaand, while we´re at it (again, I´m pretty sure and hope ED have planned this already), when he finds a target right now, but only one so there isn´t a list, it would be nice to know what he found.

"There are [targets/enemies/whatever] at the waypoint/ahead/wherever."

"Target lased and stored as T03. It´s a SA-15"...

etc..

edit: I would pay for a Heatblur-made AI-addon for the Hind and Apache. Including jokes and wiseass remarks about landings etc lol.

So far nothing in DCS for me beats flying in the Tomcat with Jester and actually talking to him with Vaicom AIRIO

Edited by WolfK33
  • Like 2

hace 53 minutos, WolfK33 dijo:

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. For the Hind the system was/is ok so far, but here we have that bird with a million sensors and electronic thingies that can be shared between pilot and cpg back and forth and success depends on if I hit the right pixel with my TrackIr. I hope that all that is already planned by ED and we´re only seeing the very first very basic version.

I even hope that the CPG gets some kind of SOP, as in, even if I don´t tell him to he looks at our next WP or wherever a real CPG would look, and tell me if there is something without having been told to instead of studying the playmate of the month...

ED, please make your AI a bit more...Jester-ish.

Aaand, while we´re at it (again, I´m pretty sure and hope ED have planned this already), when he finds a target right now, but only one so there isn´t a list, it would be nice to know what he found.

"There are [targets/enemies/whatever] at the waypoint/ahead/wherever."

"Target lased and stored as T03. It´s a SA-15"...

etc..

edit: I would pay for a Heatblur-made AI-addon for the Hind and Apache. Including jokes and wiseass remarks about landings etc lol.

So far nothing in DCS for me beats flying in the Tomcat with Jester and actually talking to him with Vaicom AIRIO

I agree. Petrovich and this was a great combo, but we need something more to tell George where to aim. Maybe add another kind of commands to store targets too? 

This would be really great for SP flyers or people who can't find a CPG. 

I hope they take a look into this. IMHO slaving into a ACQ source should be a great addition if done nevertheless.

Edited by LF_Luftmanu
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, LF_Luftmanu said:

IMHO slaving into a ACQ source should be a great addition if done nevertheless.

Absolutely.  That should be absolute basic functionality. That's what acq sources are for after all hehe 

• Like 1

• ED Team

To accomplish this, all you have to do is set the point you want George to look at as your ACQ source.  Either select it in the COORD page or select CAQ on the TSD and cursor select it. The ACQ LOS reticle "broken crosshairs" will be displayed in your HMD symbology. Simply place your LOS reticle over it, and command George to search that area with Up-Short.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

To accomplish this, all you have to do is set the point you want George to look at as your ACQ source.  Either select it in the COORD page or select CAQ on the TSD and cursor select it. The ACQ LOS reticle "broken crosshairs" will be displayed in your HMD symbology. Simply place your LOS reticle over it, and command George to search that area with Up-Short.

This is an excellent workaround, and I've been doing it since day 1.....but.....it does mean alot of ACQ source switching for the pilot. Once I've ordered George onto the T point, I might want to have TADS or SKR as acq to have SA on exactly which target he's going for. 

Is there any change ED can shoehorn in a more direct method? Not sure with current interface, I dunno.

• ED Team

Any input into an AI interface to instruct George to look at a point in the database wouldn't be any less button presses or inputs than selecting a point on your TSD with your cursor via the CAQ function, and then switching it back to TADS after designating that location

Personally, I feel that adding that level of complexity is unnecessarily redundant given the cockpit tools already at hand. Turning the AI interface into something as complicated like the Jester interface would defeat the goal of keeping the AI interface easy to use.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head