INU Alignment Time

Chappy500

Not a complaint here, genuinely curious...is it normal for the INU alignment to take upwards of 15+ minutes?  I have made a couple simple missions for myself to practice cold starts and it seems like it is taking that amount of time.  Seemed like on Wags' video and some others it was much shorter.  This particular mission is in Syria with High scattered clouds (not even sure the weather is modeled to affect alignment since it's GPS).  I've tried it a few times with the last time literally just going in and activating the Doppler and not doing anything else until it completed, because I was not sure if I was doing something to impact the process.  Anyone else notice this or is everyone hot starting and going immediately to blow things up lol?  Again not complaining because I just sit there in admiration in VR, never in my life thinking this level of aircraft representation would be possible to the consumer.  I know it was a long wait for the module, longer than the INU alignment, but props to ED for this thing!

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Totally weird, I wonder if I stumbled onto a bug possibly.  I made the same mission on Marianas and Persian Gulf and 3-5 minutes tops.  On the Syria mission, the confidence numbers start counting way up and back down to .055, then starts over again and goes slower the second time.  Finally about 15 minutes later it turns green.  I'll keep testing and capturing some tracks in case I need to submit a report.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

21 hours ago, Chappy500 said:

Totally weird, I wonder if I stumbled onto a bug possibly.  I made the same mission on Marianas and Persian Gulf and 3-5 minutes tops.  On the Syria mission, the confidence numbers start counting way up and back down to .055, then starts over again and goes slower the second time.  Finally about 15 minutes later it turns green.  I'll keep testing and capturing some tracks in case I need to submit a report.

I am having similar issues with a Campaign I am trying to adapt. It is on Caucasus and dated on 2017.

Really weird.

Any tips on mission prep on ME?

Long wait time .

Auto starts . Some times ive sat for 10 minutes plus .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

12 hours ago, Nealius said:

What's the mission date? I did some startups on Cyprus and didn't have any issues.

My mission date was the default, I just plopped a chopper down on the new oil field bases to check out the scenery and practice start ups.  I did a test with all other maps and it was +/- 4 1/2 minutes, and even started a new Syria mission and it was about 5 1/2 minutes.  I guess my original mission might be semi-corrupted or something strange is just going on there.  

18 minutes ago, Sydy said:

Question: Does an Apache in a red coalition receives GPS signal? 

Now that is a good question, I know they modeled a comms barrier with the F18 that you could override I think, so I wonder if that is a thing?!

Ok guys, Let me share what I've found so far.

The INUs to align properly shall have USA on the same coalition.

E.G. Russian Apache on red coalition and USA on blue: INUs will never align and stay white on UTIL page.

Russian Apache on red coalition and USA on red coalition as well: INUs will align normally and become green on UTIL page.

All the best,

Sydy 

5 minutes ago, Sydy said:

E.G. Russian Apache on red coalition and USA on blue: INUs will never align and stay white on UTIL page.

So, how do you align the INUs if there is no GPS available?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The system to do that is likely not implemented yet. Since it supposedly can align on a moving ship without GPS, it's probably a good old gyro with some extra sensors to measure the motion of the platform. You will probably need initial coords to make it work, but don't ask me how it's gonna be entered.

Edited by Dragon1-1