Very quick´n´dirty StreamDeckXL Keyboard (Now better, new version)

Hey Folks,

I just made a really very crude Elgato StreamdeckXL keyboard for the Apache.

Just letters A-Z, Numbers 1-0, left, right, clr, enter, all that´s needed for entering points or putting the gun on auto ranging for the thousand´s time in a flight.

Thought I´d share it until someone makes something professional, lol.

Enjoy

Edit: New version, clr working, with icons bei Wedge and for DCS Interface Plugin "AH64 KU by WolfK33 and Wedge".

AH64 KU (DCS Interface) by WolfK33 and Wedge.streamDeckProfile

Edited by WolfK33
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wedge said:

And here Ladies an Gentlemen he is, the aforementioned professional ! 😄

Thank you, Sir !

I hope someone finds a solution for "clr" not working. As I said, the elgato software accepts "lwin+2" just fine, but the game puts you in the Cpg-cockpit when you press it...

But I think this will be obsolete soon anyways as soon as someone makes something "real" with that DCS-plugin. But I´m too dumb for that...

Just made it as a makeshift solution.

• Like 1

Thanks so much gentlemen!

I just bought a streamdeck xl a few weeks ago for purpose using it as KU in the Ah64D……I‘ll give it a try and thanks for sharing!

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Afghanistan - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I made a version for Streamdeck Plugin so to get the clr button working (using Wedge´s icons, thank you again!) but it does not work at all...

Maybe someone has an idea what´s wrong...

edit: link to the .lua https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-ExportScript/ExportsModules/AH-64D_BLK_II.lua

AH64 KU (DCS Interface) by WolfK33 and Wedge.streamDeckProfile

Edited by WolfK33

Nevermind, redownloaded the .lua and it works now.

So, here I present my first selfmade (with icons by Wedge) Stream Deck profile for DCS Interface

It contains two Keyboards, one for Pilot and one for CPG, as they are different devices.

Have fun and thanks again Wedge for the Icons

• WolfK33 changed the title to Very quick´n´dirty StreamDeckXL Keyboard (Now better, new version)

Yes, you need DCS Interface, go to this forum thread for download link and instructions:

Then you also need the export scripts for the aircraft you want to use, get them here:

https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts

Looks complicated at first, but even I got it installed and running, so anybody can do it hehe.

Let´s you do fantastic things with your Stream Deck

In the meantime, if you need something quick, farther up in this thread is the old version that doesn´t use DCS Interface, but there the clr key does not work:

I highly recommend doing the work for DCS Interface, there are great profiles for it !

Edited by WolfK33

2 hours ago, DubakiSs said:

normal stream deck (5x3) profile

Can´t you just make a new, empty profile and right-click, copy, then paste the individual keys from this one to your new one the way you want it?

Or can´t you open XL-profiles in the software if you don´t have the XL? Haven´t checked that..

I’ll see what I can do if I get some spare time regarding a 5x3.  I was looking at putting the number scratchpad on there, so if I can i’ll make a complete one for you.  It’ll be the simple version though.

15 hours ago, DubakiSs said:

If anyone would have normal stream deck (5x3) profile for AH-64 I'd be really thankful.

9 hours ago, DubakiSs said:

AFAIK you cant do that 

• Like 1

I am sure there is something that I am doing wrong, but I can't get this to work.

I have installed DCS Interface and am already using other Stream Deck Profiles for other modules (e.g. F-14 or F/A-18).

I have copied the .lua file for the Apache into the ExportModules folder. The Streamdeck profile is installed and selected. However it does not seem to detect the dcs module when I start a mission with the Apache, so non of the buttons work. When I encountered this problem with other Streamdeck profiles it was always an error with naming conventions, e.g. having the .lua file for the Tomcat named F14.lua and not F-14B.lua. Maybe it's that? My .lua file is named "AH-64D_BLK_II.lua". Is that correct?

41 minutes ago, Pac-man_ said:

I am sure there is something that I am doing wrong, but I can't get this to work.

I have installed DCS Interface and am already using other Stream Deck Profiles for other modules (e.g. F-14 or F/A-18).

I have copied the .lua file for the Apache into the ExportModules folder. The Streamdeck profile is installed and selected. However it does not seem to detect the dcs module when I start a mission with the Apache, so non of the buttons work. When I encountered this problem with other Streamdeck profiles it was always an error with naming conventions, e.g. having the .lua file for the Tomcat named F14.lua and not F-14B.lua. Maybe it's that? My .lua file is named "AH-64D_BLK_II.lua". Is that correct?

Name is correct - 

My biggest issue when I set it up was 1:

I save the mod in C/programs/ea/DCS folder instead of C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript folder 

Secondly, you have to check the configurations in the Config.lua file and ExportScript.lua (see the github you downloaded from)

44 minutes ago, Pac-man_ said:

I also had that problem when I tried to make this, and I also suspected it was due to naming, as I had encountered that before.

I then redownloaded the whole set of .lua files and copied the AH64 one over again and then it worked. Yes, AH-64D_BLK_II.lua is correct.

I´m sorry I can´t really help, I don´t know crap about all that stuff nowadays that I´m old, lol, it´s still a miracle to me that I managed to put this together..

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Martin1454:

Secondly, you have to check the configurations in the Config.lua file and ExportScript.lua (see the github you downloaded from)

The configuration should be correct. It works with other modules and Streamdeck profiles, just not with the Apache profile. I assume it's because the Streamdeck profile can't find the .lua file

vor 9 Stunden schrieb WolfK33:

I also had that problem when I tried to make this, and I also suspected it was due to naming, as I had encountered that before.

I then redownloaded the whole set of .lua files and copied the AH64 one over again and then it worked. Yes, AH-64D_BLK_II.lua is correct.

I'll just try this. Maybe it'll work.

Edit: I don’t get why it worked, but it did. I downloaded the same file again. The exact same file. And now it works. Scratching my head over here. 

Edited by Pac-man_
  • Like 1

How are you finding the button and device ID's?  I don't see them in the AH-64D_BLK_II.lua file.  When I try and view the clickable data for the Apache in the StreamDeck DCS interface, I don't get any listings:

Screenshot-2022-03-24-174327.png

I do see them when I am looking at other modules:

Screenshot-2022-03-24-174309.png

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

1 hour ago, ZBoT said:

How are you finding the button and device ID's?

Hi, sounds like the same problem I had at first and that Pac-man_ a few posts above had.

I have no idea why, but for both Pac-man_ and me redownloading the .lua worked.

Hope this helps with you too, otherwise I unfortuantely don´t know what to do. Good luck!

On 3/23/2022 at 1:38 PM, Pac-man_ said:

Edit: I don’t get why it worked, but it did. I downloaded the same file again. The exact same file. And now it works. Scratching my head over here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WolfK33 said:

Hi, sounds like the same problem I had at first and that Pac-man_ a few posts above had.

I have no idea why, but for both Pac-man_ and me redownloading the .lua worked.

Hope this helps with you too, otherwise I unfortuantely don´t know what to do. Good luck!

I tried downloading the apache .lua file again but that didn't work for me.  I still can't get the apache module to show the device/button ID's.  Just a blank page like I posted above.   Thanks for the response though!  If anyone else has any idea how to fix this, please let me know.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC