HOCAS stuck cursor solution.

Go to solution Solved by VIXEN413,

• Solution

Hi all. 

For all of you that have the cursor getting frozen when touching the sides or swapping screens, the solution is easy:

SET AXIS DEADZONE TO 2 OR 3. 

Totally solved it. 

I realised, back a few months ago, I had the same issue with the hornet with the MGRS grid, after upgrading my hardware to a winwing ST throttle. My TDC could not click because the ministick is so precise, it was still registering a movement and was not enabeling the depress function. 

This happens with high sensibility ministick like on my winwing or on CM2/CM3 or PS4 controller. The Warthog seemed less prone to that issue but if you encounter that problem, in anycase, give it a deadband... 

BR

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Confirm this sollution works! 

I have set the deadzones voor Cursor X and Y axis to "4". 

Also discovered that I can now undue the issue with "MPD corner cursor stickiness", by tapping a few times in opposite direction of the MPD corner in which the cursor is stuck. 

This needs some tweaking from ED imho to get it noy sticky and smooth.

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

11 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Not working for me at 5 deadzone. specially on the top border. Still stuck specially if I move first towards to the border direction.

Try to decrease saturation by 2-3 on X and Y.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Changing the deadzone to any value is not the fix for this....tried with multiple axis as well as bound the POV hat on the Warthog.  Cursor does not move at all.  This appears to be a multi crew bug.

Edited by Baldawg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

6 hours ago, Baldawg said:

Cursor does not move at all.

Are you saying the cursor gets stuck along the edges, or are you saying it never moves out of the corner at all?

And are you saying it works fine for you when you are solo, but as soon as a human hops in the front seat it stops working?

Regardless of where the cursor is, its stuck...no movement.  Ive seen this in single player as well but didnt troubleshoot it in single player.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals