Warthog Mapping

Hello pilots I actually only fly fixed wing aircraft. But I "had" to get Apache. It reminds me too much of my days as Jane's me still played Apache Longbow 2. But now I have a problem. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the mapping with my TM Warthog. Who can help me and make their profile available? Thank you very much 🙂

Sorry I cant help, I am struggling with Control Options.  The APACHE gun has Weapons Action Switch g/Up M/right and other 
commands and I set them up but none work to get past Mat Wagner's tutorial and the UP thing You need to do is not
listed as the G/Up certainly is not the one. I bet future updates in the tutorial will show the button to press.

Try looking up Was UP     No Go...

I hope We both get things working soon.

Clear Skies

Mike

8 minutes ago, ctguy1955 said:

Sorry I cant help, I am struggling with Control Options.  The APACHE gun has Weapons Action Switch g/Up M/right and other 
commands and I set them up but none work to get past Mat Wagner's tutorial and the UP thing You need to do is not
listed as the G/Up certainly is not the one. I bet future updates in the tutorial will show the button to press.

There are two WAS hats in the CPG cockpit. Cyclic and TEDAC left hand grip. The tutorial requires the TEDAC one to be pressed and ignores it if you have it mapped to the cyclic. I had the same cyclic WAS controls mapped to PILOT and CPG, I needed to click on the TEDAC WAS hat using my mouse to proceed with the tutorial.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

To the OP, yes this is a complex one to setup. I think it will take people some while to find their perfect setup as they find what is needed to have mapped in action.

To use both cockpits you need to map both PILOT and CPG cockpits separately (plus the few controls for the George AI)

To get going though you can just focus on the PILOT cockpit.

To be able to fly and shoot stuff you need to map the WAS hat to select weapons. I mapped this to the TMS hat (left hand below weapon release button) on  my Warthog stick. I then mapped trigger safety to my stick paddle and fire to the trigger.

I used the TRIM HAT for the trimmer commands AND the George AI. The button top right of the stick I use to select George. Once selected the TRIM controls work for AI, when not selected they are trimmer controls. I use the pinky switch on the throttle to switch between sights (HMD & TADS)

There is a ton more to map but that gets you shooting stuff on the range

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Thanks for all the answers. Adjusting a heli to the controls is very complicated 🙂 The F18 was easier to adjust.

I'm having a hard time with the controller setup right now.
If I had a dummy guide, that would help me a lot 🙂 There aren't that many tutorials for setting up the controls.

Or can someone send their setup as a file? then I can insert it and adapt it a bit to my needs.

3 hours ago, Ranger82 said:

If I had a dummy guide, that would help me a lot 🙂 There aren't that many tutorials for setting up the controls.

The Wags video linked above is very comprehensive - although at over 30 minutes long is a bit too much for my limited attention span 🙂

The problem is although we are trying to replicate the real thing it can come down to personal choice as mapping everything you might need can lead to complicated setups with lots of modifiers and loads of combinations to memorise.

Here are my settings so far if it helps:

AH-64D CPG.pdf AH-64D PILOT.pdf

AH-64D AI.pdf

Edited by Baldrick33
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

The Wags video linked above is very comprehensive - although at over 30 minutes long is a bit too much for my limited attention span 🙂

The problem is although we are trying to replicate the real thing it can come down to personal choice as mapping everything you might need can lead to complicated setups with lots of modifiers and loads of combinations to memorise.

AH-64D CPG.pdf 1.55 MB · 11 downloads AH-64D PILOT.pdf 1.55 MB · 13 downloads

AH-64D AI.pdf 1.53 MB · 10 downloads

Thank you:)

1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

AH-64D CPG.pdf 1.55 MB · 11 downloads AH-64D PILOT.pdf 1.55 MB · 13 downloads

AH-64D AI.pdf 1.53 MB · 10 downloads

I have another question. What is meant by Right Mouse, Center Mse, Left Mouse, Left Mouse? Find no setting there.

Was ist das.png

• Like 1

I use VR and use the CMS hat on the Warthog stick as mouse clicks, so I look at a switch and press the hat switch for left or right buttons. I find it works pretty well. I also use Joy2Key to centre the mouse cursor again using the same hat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First, make sure you're looking at the CPG controls and not the pilot ones. (Control Setting page always opens in the PLT page when flying SP, so need to manually select it each time you open.) The TEDAC control grip functions are all listed beginning with either LHG or RHG (Left Handgrip/Right Handgrip). All the WAS controls are listed as "LHG Weapon Action (WAS) Switch ......"