How can I manage/reduce the 113GB update size?

Go to solution Solved by maximov,

I'm only trying to update from 2.7.11.21408.1 to 2.7.8.16140.

I am not trying install any new modules or terrains and it is telling me it needs 113GB of space.

I currently only have installed the following:

F-14; Harrier; Supercarrier; F-15C, Flaming Cliffs; Combined Arms

Caucasus; Marianas

I own the PG, Nevada, Normandy and A-10C and A-10C II but I am not trying to reinstall those.

So what in the world is 113GB?

How can I ensure it is not trying to install terrains/modules I don't have checked to be installed?

dcs install.PNG

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Im wondering the same, Im missing 40GB of disk space to download the update. Will it even be using all that space one its installed?!

I only own 250GB ssds and I really dont want to put it back on my HDD windows raid, but if I do, can I just copypaste the folder over without worrying about fucking up my installation?

Another option, maybe not eloquent, but possible would be to delete the DCS directory and re-download as a new install. (Keep your saved games DCS directory and maybe make a backup of it), but delete from the main install directory.

It won't necessarily reduce your download (and may increase it), but if HDD space is your concern, then at least this way you free up the HDD space so you don't need room for both your current DCS install, and the update cache. 

FWIW I don't know if this will work in your case, or how much HDD space it will save - just thinking outside the box.

• Like 1