Multiplayer Organizing

element1108

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I think once we have some more flight hours in the KA-50 we can take multiplayer to a whole new level.

I fly warbirds as well, and one of it's best features that actually keeps me in the game is the Squad Series which is every Sunday evening. It's basically a very large scale historical air war outlining a particular air campaign in WWII.

It's HIGHLY organized with VERY detailed planning. Squads are directly involved with CO's and GCI's etc. There is no enemy icons, no external view nothing really "gamey" about it.

Anyway, it's a blast and with the level of sim that DCS is it would be outstanding to have something SORT of similar applied to this enthousiastic group.

Not sure exactly how many we can have on a server quite yet...and perhaps all this happens within LOMAC based squads (i'm not familiar with them as much).

The potential, especially with future modules for a great simming experience is endless. I feel that with the level of Sim that Black Shark is, it would be a serious waste if only 5% (as suggested by Wags in the SimHG interview) take advantage of the Multiplayer options.

Is there a way to make a mainstream multiplayer section in the forms? Maybe people design missions and post them with a time, server name etc. The old Blue vs Red, or keep it 100% co-op.

Perhaps all this goes down, i'm just not aware of it (relatively new to DCS forums).

Thoughts?

The tough thing is that it's all got to be player-driven, or it will never happen. It's the same in every sim/game. It seems that the most realistic (and commercial) simulators always have the hardest time organizing the most consistent, and especially, large events. I sure hope it can be done! I know what it's like to feel real online cooperation, and you honestly forget you're in a simulator.

AFAIK, sadly, the play with Flaming Cliffs is usually much more spontaneous. If we could find a body of dedicated individuals with serious resources and a gift for communication, DCS has everything needed to create an incredible multiplayer experience.

Let's hope the squads that are forming even now step up to the plate! It's going to take a lot more than internal organization and communication to build a strong community. Don't isolate yourselves guys! :thumbup:

"A pilot lives in a world of perfection, or not at all." -Richard S. Drury

http://www.virtualblueangels.net

I'm hoping that there will just be a central blackshark only teamspeak server that allows people to go into channels and play listen server games, it could even have a community website/forum. Does anyone know if this exists yet? Does anyone have the ability to start one that would be semi-permanent?

Hi Evil,

I have been thinking about doing this. I have a web hosting account and adding a teamspeak server with 30 slots would not be a problem. I do however need somebody with some good photoshop/web skills to donate some time and come up with a good forum theme and web site home page. I don't want a Black Shark community site to look amateurish.

I would be more than happy to host a 30 player teamspeak server and forum if we could put that together. I could have the domain registration done pretty quickly and I could have the domain parked on my current web hosting account within days. If we could accomplish al that, all that is needed is some dedicated mature forum and teamspeak mods to regulate the community.

I just registered ka50.com

Let me know if you are serious.

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Ok, the domain is registered and parked. I have the forums installed but I don't have everything configured yet. I will work on that tonight.