An Idiots Guide to Firing Hellfires with George [Tutorial]

104th_Maverick

28 minutes ago, Tj1376 said:

But @104th_Maverick, inquiring minds really want to know how you got the George interface to the bottom right of your screen!!!!

This video was great, but make a video on how to move George interface! 😛

TJ

👆

Me to, right now it comes up dead center of my monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

32 minutes ago, Tj1376 said:

But @104th_Maverick, inquiring minds really want to know how you got the George interface to the bottom right of your screen!!!!

This video was great, but make a video on how to move George interface! 😛

TJ

I honestly didn't move it my friend, I thought it came up there for everyone else too 😄

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Just be glad you aren't in VR using George, it's horrible.  Harsh I know, but it is 

• Like 1

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Please give us a tutorial on how you trimmed for that perfect hover.

• Like 1

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Excellent video, as always!

I sometimes found that I had problems pointing my HDU cross in the same area as before to get George to re-scan that same area, especially when my SA isn't good yet.

In that case, when George has already found targets for me, pressing George AI Helper Interface Down Button Long (more than half a second) will make George repeat the previous search. If I understand it correctly, that's kind of a shortcut that I find very handy. 🙂

7 hours ago, KungFu said:

Just be glad you aren't in VR using George, it's horrible.  Harsh I know, but it is 

What we ideally need is for VAICOM Pro to add voice control for George, as it does for Jester in the F14. 

Being able to just tell George what to do would be so much more realistic and user friendly, especially if it can also remove the need to display the George AI interface.

• Like 1

Thanks for the all the positive feedback guys, although I have to confess I think I may have accidentally misled some of you.

The footage from the start of the video where the aircraft is not moving at all is when I have 'Active Pause' engaged to enable me to explain what is going on and show you the cockpit displays, sadly I'm not that good just yet that I can maintain an absolutely perfect hover.

I am doing the hovering manually however after the first missile shot without Active Pause engaged using trim and very small input adjustments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

1 hour ago, Marklar said:

Firing hellfires in LOBL mode is pretty straight forward but tell me how to do it in LOAL mode with low and high trajectories?

Problem is that George is not actually storing target location, even though he says it is. So missile flies dumb and can't see the designator

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 104th_Maverick said:

Thanks for the all the positive feedback guys, although I have to confess I think I may have accidentally misled some of you.

The footage from the start of the video where the aircraft is not moving at all is when I have 'Active Pause' engaged to enable me to explain what is going on and show you the cockpit displays, sadly I'm not that good just yet that I can maintain an absolutely perfect hover.

I am doing the hovering manually however after the first missile shot without Active Pause engaged using trim and very small input adjustments.

I guessed it for the active pause, yet your hover was pretty good during the shot. 

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi