The Apache module is so badass I think I just broke the record for playing a DCS module non stop.

oscar19681

Wtf?? I played the Apache module approximately for about 26 hours straight lol. Came back from work Thursday couldn’t play it because the syria map update & my SSD couldn’t handle a 63 GB update. So removed the map and waited for 2 hours to the Apache module to finish downloading. (Managed to install Syria map after luckily) But by that time I had to hit the sack to get through the workday on friday But then when i got home friday and really got my hands on the Apache I’ve been playing for 26 hours non-stop or so. Its highly addictive & one of the best modules and most badass weapons platform in DCS history. I think i may have broken a new world record lol. 

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, oscar19681 said:

Wtf?? I played the Apache module approximately for about 26 hours straight lol. Came back from work Thursday couldn’t play it because the syria map update & my SSD couldn’t handle a 63 GB update. So removed the map and waited for 2 hours to the Apache module to finish downloading. (Managed to install Syria map after luckily) But by that time I had to hit the sack to get through the workday on friday But then when i got home friday and really got my hands on the Apache I’ve been playing for 26 hours non-stop or so. Its highly addictive & one of the best modules and most badass weapons platform in DCS history. I think i may have broken a new world record lol. 

My experience has been very similar. I've spent more flight time in the past three days in this module than any other single module gets in about two or three months!! I knew going in that my other aircraft would start to gather some virtual hangar dust, but jeez, this aircraft is all the best parts of many other aircraft rolled up into one (minus the speed of pointy-nosed fighters)!

1 hour ago, Jetguy06 said:

My experience has been very similar. I've spent more flight time in the past three days in this module than any other single module gets in about two or three months!! I knew going in that my other aircraft would start to gather some virtual hangar dust, but jeez, this aircraft is all the best parts of many other aircraft rolled up into one (minus the speed of pointy-nosed fighters)!

I dare say the first days of this module possibly allready acceded the Total flying hours I logged with Janes Apache longbow back in the days 😬

But this module and a decent apache Sim has been so long overdue that I played for 26 hours without sleep lol. This module totally got my weekend upside down, and after some rest, food & beer i show no signs of calling it a day anytime soon. Untill offcourse I must start work again Mondays. 

Personally i think what makes this module so even more awesome, and it is in itself a true digital masterpiece, is the VR aspect. Man i was working on a my custom made awesome realistic NTTR live fire range for the Apache today? And flying low over the desert sand to the range in the early morning on the NTTR map? And I was like, wtf, im seriously having a hard time distinguishing VR from reality as I could have sworn for a second there I was flying a real Apache over the Nevada Desert. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, oscar19681 said:

I dare say the first days of this module possibly allready acceded the Total flying hours I logged with Janes Apache longbow back in the days 😬

But this module and a decent apache Sim has been so long overdue that I played for 26 hours without sleep lol. This module totally got my weekend upside down, and after some rest, food & beer i show no signs of calling it a day anytime soon. Untill offcourse I must start work again Mondays. 

Personally i think what makes this module so even more awesome, and it is in itself a true digital masterpiece, is the VR aspect. Man i was working on a my custom made awesome realistic NTTR live fire range for the Apache today? And flying low over the desert sand to the range in the early morning on the NTTR map? And I was like, wtf, im seriously having a hard time distinguishing VR from reality as I could have sworn for a second there I was flying a real Apache over the Nevada Desert. 

Oh yeah. VR is amazing in this thing for sure. I just wish I could fly it more at night, but the PNVS tanks my FPS. I've resolved to enjoying it in the daytime until I can find a solution.

2 minutes ago, Jetguy06 said:

Oh yeah. VR is amazing in this thing for sure. I just wish I could fly it more at night, but the PNVS tanks my FPS. I've resolved to enjoying it in the daytime until I can find a solution.

Im sitting at 45 solid with any other module.  This little guy brings me down to the 20s sometimes.  I did a test and in SP mission without a lot of other units I'm back pegged at 45 with no settings changed.  Make your own deep strikes into Iraq amd you'll have a different experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]