Choppy Video

Cerulean
Go to solution Solved by Toni Carrera,

• ED Team

please attach a track replay showing the fps hit, and let us know your system spec and your dcs settings. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Solution

Hi Cerulean,

I had exactly same issue on day 1 of release, perfectly fine in all other mods, but the Apache was like looking a bunch of photographs. I logged a case with support, and here is what they told me to do, and it worked for me, been perfect ever since;

By the way, before I post their response, check your system memory usage in Task Manager when in the Apache, mine was 100% of 32GB. Anyway, here is the support thread;

Toni Carrera
03/19/2022 17:37:07
 System Monitor Log.blg (1.38 Mb)
Game problems with DCS World and installed modules

I run Repair option (for Steam: Verify Integrity of Game Cache), but it did not help
Yes

Module
Other or new

Game version
DCS World Open Beta 2.7.x

Your version installed from:
DCS site

PC specs
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I have tried without SLI as you suggested, it made no difference

One thing I have noticed is the amount of RAM usage goes through the roof when loading up the AH-64D

I ran perfmon and ran two tests, both in OpenBeta

1. Ran the cold start training for the F/A-18C and my RAM usage, of which I have 32GB, went up to about 67%

2. Ran the cold start training for the AH-64D and my RAM usage immediately went to 98 to 99%

When I 'End Tasked' the DCS session, my RAM usage down to  26%

I repeated the test fr om a clean restart of the system, and the results were the same, I even loaded up a few other Training Scenarios for other aircraft I own, all the F's series fighters, all of which went to about mid 60's to low 70s %

I suspect there maybe a memory leak somewhere within the AH-64D code that is only more evident on certain systems. I am going to log this support, as I have been waiting for months for this module, money laid out as soon as it was available for pre-order, downloaded as soon as I knew it was out, booked 3 weeks Annual Leave, and not managed to log a single minute of being in control. I can't even push the ESC button to get out of the module

I am not sure wh ere to get whatever logs you require. I have attached the perfmon log I ran with the first test. The perfmon starts when I select the first F/A-18C training (Cold Start) and then on to the Cold Start for the Apache

Toni

Toni Carrera
03/19/2022 18:03:43
 Logs.7z (15.8 Kb)
Not sure why, but these logs were in the DCS Stable Logs, and not in the OpenBeta Saved Games
Konstantin Kharin
03/19/2022 19:18:09
Hello.

Please delete all unofficial user mods from E:\SharePoint-OneDrive-Data\OneDrive - TC IT Services\Personal-Systems\System-Profiles\TC-I7-ASUS\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/
And run cleanup
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/#2463807

Best regards and many happy landings !
Konstantin "MotorEAST" Kharin
Eagle Dynamics IT Team

I hope it helps you out too

Kindest Regards

Toni Carrera

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

So, I know its week 1, and EA, and before I get burnt at the stake, but i feel someone has to make this post.

The AH64 is MASSIVE on FPS, I can only run it at like 20-30fps with most of my settings on medium.
ALL other modules, F14, 16, hind, ka50, huey, etc etc etc all WELL over the 60 fps, on cauc, syria or nevada, same thing.
I7 11800H

32gb ram

ssd

3 minutes ago, wackomedic911 said:

So, I know its week 1, and EA, and before I get burnt at the stake, but i feel someone has to make this post.

The AH64 is MASSIVE on FPS, I can only run it at like 20-30fps with most of my settings on medium.
ALL other modules, F14, 16, hind, ka50, huey, etc etc etc all WELL over the 60 fps, on cauc, syria or nevada, same thing.
I7 11800H

32gb ram

ssd

Literally one post below yours mate:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Same here, check my post:

Monitor:  LG 27GL850 UltraGear Monitor Gaming 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 CASE: Corsair SPEC-OMEGA RGB MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 COOLER: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm HD: 2 x Crucial MX500 1TB and 2 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe M.2/2 TB NVMe M.2 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER PSU: Asus ROG STRIX 750G