Can I move the George interface position(or coordinates)?

idenwen

I guess I just overlooked the option but in Wags videos the interface is in the right lower side of the screen and here its it dead center on the screen mixing with the IHADDS and the Displays.

Where do I change the George Interface Position?

• Like 1

Mine in VR is on top center... I think there should be an option not only to position the display (petrovich also) but also resize it. And please also an option to remove george/petrovich captions (Petrovich still need them as he has not voice still)

• Like 1

Flat screen user:

This is also a problem for me. My George AI is center of my screen on top of my HMD reticle. Drives me nuts... Too much going on.

I was hoping to dig through the folders to find the variable name so that I could change it in the monitor config Lua.

Hopefully Just like you can with the jester ai menu.

Edited by JIGGAwest

Hard to believe not a single Beta tester doesn't export to another monitor.  Otherwise this problem and the CPG MFD screens over riding the Pilot ones would have been picked up right away.

I sorted out the MFD issue but haven't found a work around for the AI wheel location.  Looking forward to a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Any way to move the George interface overlay for the pilot ?

because of the config I am running, that interface appears on my second monitor (where I have my mfds exports etc), behind a physical ICP put onto my monitor. I would like to move that interface back to my main monitor, where the actual game is. Anyone know which file to modify to give it different coordinates ?

my full resolution on monitorsetup is 5760x1080, but I am only displaying the game itself on 3840x1080 which is my extra wide monitor, and then my second monitor is 1920x1080 (for exports).. hence the full 5760x108.

I have the same issue with the kneeboard, but I found a way to move it at the time, but for this interface, i don't know or remember

any clue ? thanks !

apparently the George display for the CPG pops up at an offset from the left side of the full resolution, thats why I can see it fine, and the George display for the Pilot comes with the same offset but from the RIGHT side of the full resolution, hence why it shows up on my second monitor... as they are set up to be side by side in windows.

edit: prolly somewhere there, but its complex

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

yes, please, its on my second monitor (for exports) below an ICP...   sucks

4 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

Hard to believe not a single Beta tester doesn't export to another monitor.  Otherwise this problem and the CPG MFD screens over riding the Pilot ones would have been picked up right away.

I sorted out the MFD issue but haven't found a work around for the AI wheel location.  Looking forward to a solution.

you managed to have the Pilot MFDs exports instead of the CPGs ?

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I bit the bullet and created a unique Monitor Lua for the Apache Pilot and renamed the "find" names in the L & R Plt Lua's.  I'll create another for the CPG when I get to that seat.  Obviously you'll have to adjust your locations and size to match your setup.  Mine are attached below.

I know a lot of guys like to have all their planes set to Left+MPCD and Right_MPCD so this will not work for them but it's good for now until ED sorts it out.

Monitor Lua is found here: X:\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

MFD's Lua's are found here: X:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator

AH-64 Pilot.lua MFD_plt_right_init.lua MFD_plt_left_init.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

but basically you have to use another monitorsetup file when you fly a hornet, for example, right ? this ONLY works for the AH-64, if you are in the pilot seat, correct ?

3 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI

I suspect the file with the code in BOLD  here may be what we need to modify the the AI position.

Two sections, one for VR one for NON-VR

There are some commented notes in the code here.  I'll experiment with this later.

But, maybe someone else want to try in the meantime.

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

--for VR only!
local compass_pos         = {0,    -0.40}
local weap_control_pos     = {0,    0.32} --seems okay, may be a subject to change

if is_vr then 
    SetCustomScale(1.0)
else 
    SetScale(FOV)
    local total_aspect  = LockOn_Options.screen.aspect
    local total_w         = LockOn_Options.screen.width
    local total_h         = LockOn_Options.screen.height
    local ULX,ULY,SZX,SZY,GUI_scale = get_UIMainView()

--not for VR!
    compass_pos = {-0.82 * total_aspect, -0.7} --relative to screen center, 1 equals screen height afaik
    weap_control_pos     = {0.8 * total_aspect, -0.75}

--viewports stuff    

PrestonAI_page_common.lua

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FZG_Immel said:

but basically you have to use another monitorsetup file when you fly a hornet, for example, right ? this ONLY works for the AH-64, if you are in the pilot seat, correct ?

Yes, that's correct.  Of course "if and when" ED sorts the issue out it's easy to revert to the standard Left_MPCD & Right_MPCD by just changing the name back in the Lua's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, JIGGAwest said:

I suspect the file with the code in BOLD  here may be what we need to modify the the AI position.

Two sections, one for VR one for NON-VR

There are some commented notes in the code here.  I'll experiment with this later.

But, maybe someone else want to try in the meantime.

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

--for VR only!
local compass_pos         = {0,    -0.40}
local weap_control_pos     = {0,    0.32} --seems okay, may be a subject to change

if is_vr then 
    SetCustomScale(1.0)
else 
    SetScale(FOV)
    local total_aspect  = LockOn_Options.screen.aspect
    local total_w         = LockOn_Options.screen.width
    local total_h         = LockOn_Options.screen.height
    local ULX,ULY,SZX,SZY,GUI_scale = get_UIMainView()

--not for VR!
    compass_pos = {-0.82 * total_aspect, -0.7} --relative to screen center, 1 equals screen height afaik

--viewports stuff    

PrestonAI_page_common.lua 21.44 kB · 0 downloads

Using flat screen but with multiple monitors I tried adjusting 

but it didn't have any effect.

However, below that is another line that starts 

Weap_control-position= (ULX + SZX / 2 BLAH BLAH BLAH.

(This may not be accurate, recalling from memory, coincidentally this is the exact same formula the hind uses for the petrovich CPG sight, so of course its going to be bang on the middle of your screen, looks like a very long formula for finding dead centre of your main screen)

Anyway, I deleted the formula and replaced it with

Weap_control_pos = (2400 ,1200)

Which did move the interface, but it wasn't in the correct position. Too far right, but the vertical pos was OK. I then I had to go to bed, so needs more testing, my main screen is 2560x1440.

Edit: I have an idea for this, will be testing it later when I get home. If it works I will share it.

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

EDIT: as revealed by jonsky7, this solution is not complete and will affect the original George cpg and the george pilot interface differently.

needs further work or just follow jonsky7's solution.

Alright, I came up with solution, so that you can just adjust your position in your

monitor config lua. (\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup)

locate the file Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

Line 25:                           local v = find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")

replace with:                   local v = find_viewport("AH64_GEORGE_MENU") or find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")

Add the AH64_GEORGE_MENU to your monitor config lua, example below.

play around with the x an y for your position on screen, and width and height to work with your monitor.

It's not a direct translation, but a little trial and error you can move it where you want.

AH64_GEORGE_MENU =

{
        x = 400;
        y = 800;
        width = 1920;
        height = 1080;
    }

Untitled.png

Edited by JIGGAwest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JIGGAwest said:

Alright, I came up with solution, so that you can just adjust your position in your

monitor config lua. (\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup)

locate the file Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

Line 25:                           local v = find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")

replace with:                   local v = find_viewport("AH64_GEORGE_MENU") or find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")

Add the AH64_GEORGE_MENU to your monitor config lua, example below.

play around with the x an y for your position on screen, and width and height to work with your monitor.

It's not a direct translation, but a little trial and error you can move it where you want.

AH64_GEORGE_MENU =

{
        x = 400;
        y = 800;
        width = 1920;
        height = 1080;
    }

Untitled.png

While that was a good idea, I found that as you changed the monitor config file, both the gunner interface AND pilot compass interface moved.

What I did in the end, was just enter values for the position of each

AH64D George Ai Pos.zip

So instead of
Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

Spoiler

--not for VR!
    --viewports stuff    
    local v = find_viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")
    if v ~= nil then
        if v.width ~= total_w or v.height ~= total_h then
            ULX = v.x
            ULY = v.y
            SZX = v.width
            SZY = v.height
            local aspect = SZX/SZY
            weap_control_pos = {(ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2, -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2}
            compass_pos = {weap_control_pos[1] + compass_pos[1] * SZX / total_w, weap_control_pos[2] + compass_pos[2] * SZY / total_h}
            weap_control_size = weap_control_size * v.height / total_h
            compass_size = compass_size * v.height / total_h
        end
    end
    --end viewports stuff

I now have the below for a GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT that is a 2560x1440 monitor

(if you decide to try this and can't see either or both of the indicators, then setting all 4 coordinates to 0 will put the indicators dead centre of your game resolution. For multi-monitor users this may not be on your centre screen, but you can adjust from there)

Spoiler

--not for VR!
    --viewports stuff    
    if v ~= nil then
            ULX = v.x
            ULY = v.y
            SZX = v.width
            SZY = v.height
            local aspect = SZX/SZY
            --ORIGINAL CODE---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
            --weap_control_pos = {(ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2, -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2}
            --compass_pos = {weap_control_pos[1] + compass_pos[1] * SZX / total_w, weap_control_pos[2] + compass_pos[2] * SZY / total_h}
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--MODIFIED CODE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            weap_control_pos = { -(1.15), -(0.8) }  -- First number is left/right-- higher value in brackets moves indicator left Second number is up/down, higher value in brackets moves indicator down
            compass_pos = { -(4.18), -(0.7) }     -- First number is left/right-- higher value in brackets moves indicator left Second number is up/down, higher value in brackets moves indicator down
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        end
    end
    --end viewports stuff

aipilot.jpg

gunner.jpg

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

While that was a good idea, I found that as you changed the monitor config file, both the gunner interface AND pilot compass interface moved.

What I did in the end, was just enter values for the position of each

AH64D George Ai Pos.zip

So instead of
Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

Hide contents

--not for VR!
    --viewports stuff    
    if v ~= nil then
            ULX = v.x
            ULY = v.y
            SZX = v.width
            SZY = v.height
            local aspect = SZX/SZY
            weap_control_pos = {(ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2, -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2}
            compass_pos = {weap_control_pos[1] + compass_pos[1] * SZX / total_w, weap_control_pos[2] + compass_pos[2] * SZY / total_h}
        end
    end
    --end viewports stuff

I now have the below for a GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT that is a 2560x1440 monitor

(if you decide to try this and can't see either or both of the indicators, then setting all 4 coordinates to 0 will put the indicators dead centre of your game resolution. For multi-monitor users this may not be on your centre screen, but you can adjust from there)

Hide contents

--not for VR!
    --viewports stuff    
    if v ~= nil then
            ULX = v.x
            ULY = v.y
            SZX = v.width
            SZY = v.height
            local aspect = SZX/SZY
            --ORIGINAL CODE---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
            --weap_control_pos = {(ULX + SZX / 2 - total_w / 2) / total_w * total_aspect * 2, -(ULY + SZY / 2 - total_h / 2) / total_h * 2}
            --compass_pos = {weap_control_pos[1] + compass_pos[1] * SZX / total_w, weap_control_pos[2] + compass_pos[2] * SZY / total_h}

--MODIFIED CODE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            weap_control_pos = { -(1.1), -(0.8) }  -- First number is left/right-- higher value in brackets moves indicator left Second number is up/down, higher value in brackets moves indicator down
            compass_pos = { -(4.18), -(0.7) }     -- First number is left/right-- higher value in brackets moves indicator left Second number is up/down, higher value in brackets moves indicator down
        end
    end
    --end viewports stuff

aipilot.jpg

gunner.jpg

Only issue here is the target selection menu is appearing off screen, somewhere. I suspect we have to adjust this as well.

Edited by JIGGAwest

Hello there, I'm using a 2 screen configuration with different resolution(main 3D display 1920*1080, secondary display 1920*1200), my George interface can not be completely displayed on my main 3D window, can I move the position(or coordinates) of the interface out of the left bottom corner? Thx.

DCS_2022_03_20_14_22_44_053.jpg

• Like 1

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

7 hours ago, JIGGAwest said:

Only issue here is the target selection menu is appearing off screen, somewhere. I suspect we have to adjust this as well.

I just didn't have it on screen at the time of the screenshot, it goes in the same place as the compass

but yes, I imagine you will have to make some adjustments

tgtlist.jpg

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1