Can I move the George interface position(or coordinates)?

idenwen

On 3/19/2022 at 8:50 PM, jonsky7 said:

While that was a good idea, I found that as you changed the monitor config file, both the gunner interface AND pilot compass interface moved.

What I did in the end, was just enter values for the position of each

AH64D George Ai Pos.zip

So instead of
Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\PrestonAI_page_common.lua

I now have the below for a GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT that is a 2560x1440 monitor

(if you decide to try this and can't see either or both of the indicators, then setting all 4 coordinates to 0 will put the indicators dead centre of your game resolution. For multi-monitor users this may not be on your centre screen, but you can adjust from there)

This looks really useful, but I can't get it to work.  No matter what values I enter for 'weap_control_pos' and 'compass_pos', including all 0, my boxes don't change position.  I'm obviously missing something.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, imacken said:

This looks really useful, but I can't get it to work.  No matter what values I enter for 'weap_control_pos' and 'compass_pos', including all 0, my boxes don't change position.  I'm obviously missing something.

I havent checked this since the last hotfix and maybe previous patch, I was under the impression that the location of George Ai had been fixed.

I will have a look and get back to you.

Edit: Did you try downloading the file from the link in the post?

You might have just missed some commenting out or something.

Edited by jonsky7

Not sure we're talking about the same thing.  I just want to be able to reposition the weapons George interface as it becomes a little tedious having to resize/reposition the kneeboard each time.  The positions in VR are fine.

Yes, I tried the file in your post, but as I say, no values seem to make any difference to the onscreen position.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not sure we're talking about the same thing.  I just want to be able to reposition the weapons George interface as it becomes a little tedious having to resize/reposition the kneeboard each time.  The positions in VR are fine.

Yes, I tried the file in your post, but as I say, no values seem to make any difference to the onscreen position.

Yeah the inner and outer circles with George commands in them.

In the latest open beta patch there was a change so the circle moved from the middle of the screen to the bottom right, or so I'm lead to believe.

Can't actually remember if I've been in the Apache since then. (Not at home right now to check)

Just to confirm that you used my file to overwrite the original yeah?

Yep, I used your file to overwrite.  No values make any difference that I can see though.

39 minutes ago, imacken said:

Yep, I used your file to overwrite.  No values make any difference that I can see though.

What's your setup? Single or multiple monitors? If multi is it a single cockpit display or spanned across more than one?

Can you post the monitor config file you use?

Saved games/dcs/config/monitorsetup

Single monitor. Don't have a monitor config file in Saved Games. 

Edited by imacken

14 minutes ago, imacken said:

Single monitor. Don't have a monitor config file in Saved Games. 

Just tested it on mine, still works for me, and can still move the indicators around. 

Only thing I can think of is the code in the standard monitor config file is slightly different.

What resolution is your monitor? 

Edited by jonsky7

3840x2160

1 minute ago, imacken said:

3840x2160

Ok try this monitor config file

imacken.lua

It goes in 
Saved games/DCS/Config/Monitorsetup/

In DCS settings it will show as
imacken 1 Screen

Choose 3840x2160 as your resolution

Set aspect ratio to 3840/2160 (type it in the box) or 1.777777777777

also
Navigate to

DCS World/Mods/aircraft/AH-64D/Cockpit/Scripts/AI/

and open PrestonAI_page_common.lua

Check it against this screenshot, it's best not to use windows notepad for editing lua files, download notepad++ instead.

0imacken.jpg

Thanks a lot. No change, I'm afraid. Still in the same position as the default.

And, yep, I always use notepad++.

Thanks a lot. No change, I'm afraid. Still in the same position as the default.

And, yep, I always use notepad++.

Weird, sorry, I don't have any more ideas.

If it's just moving the kneeboard that's most annoying, there is a way to change the default opening position of that, check this post out

Thanks for that. I'll check that out.  Weird that the George thing didn't work though.

• 3 weeks later...

using varjo aero

works good for me with

local compass_pos         = {-.10, -0.20}
local weap_control_pos     = {.30,    0.30}

Edited by hannibal
  • Thanks 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is it possible to move the location of the George menu on the screen? As the CPG it’s off to the side but as the Pilot it’s in this odd position in the center. I don’t see that it’s possible to click or drag it. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Strange as pilot I have it to the right and as CPG to the left.

But in VR as pilot at the top and as CPG in the middle....

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

5 hours ago, Zarma said:

Strange as pilot I have it to the right and as CPG to the left.

But in VR as pilot at the top and as CPG in the middle....

And mine seems massive in VR compared to screen and TrackIR!!  Anyway of reducing it??

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

Edit lines 9 & 10 in PrestonAI_page_common.lua inside \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit (line 8 ill say For VR Only).  I have mine set as follows to give the you as pilot George menu center high, and you as CPG George menu center low.

local compass_pos         = {0,    -0.20}
local weap_control_pos     = {0,    0.32} --seems okay, may be a subject to change

the non-VR positions are on lines 22 & 23

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:57 AM, hannibal said:

using varjo aero

works good for me with

local compass_pos         = {-.10, -0.20}
local weap_control_pos     = {.30,    0.30}

Hi Hannibal,

which lines have you changed here and were abouts in the Varjo Aero display did the controls appear… 

Also… is this just for the company’s and weapon selection.  Where are the coordinates for target selection? 

8 hours ago, Semaphore said:

Hi Hannibal,

which lines have you changed here and were abouts in the Varjo Aero display did the controls appear… 

Also… is this just for the company’s and weapon selection.  Where are the coordinates for target selection? 

is been a while, and after year of patches, i dont know if this works anymore

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179