ED, Can you just remove the cockpit shaking

Hydrox

None of the other aircraft have it and that's the difference, they are playable.
This is not.
First it was just Su-25T and now Su-25A have it also. Both are unplayable in this condition and since you decided to encrypt certain files I can't do anything to fix it myself.
And also if it's so realistic (which it isn't, just eye torturing), why doesn't for example Su-27/33 have it then? Well, if they had there would be much less flankers flying around in MP servers.

So could you just restore Su-25s to proper flying condition?

• Like 1

I still believe the shaking just got worse along the years. Because if you go back and play the older campaign/missions, you will notice many of them have set routes with speeds and altitudes that induces those shakings during a good portion of said missions.

So only 2 possibilities comes to mind. Either the extreme shaking wasn't there back then, or ED simply didn't give a damn about testing those missions to ensure players wouldn't have a seisure while following waypoints.

Anyway, I stopped caring about the shaking as now I only play in VR, and there is no shaking there.

EDIT: On second thought, I think part of the problem with older missions might come from the default payloads that got messed with updates (changed from its original setup). And different payloads might give you worse flight caracteristics. I need to play it again to be sure.

Edited by Skuva

59 minutes ago, Hydrox said:

Well I'm building my own missions from scratch and the shaking is there. I don't think it has nothing to do with missions or payloads. Plane is just broken.

How fast are you going?

Because if you're overspeeding the aircraft, you're going to get buffeting, and if that's the case, nothing is broken.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

How fast are you going?

Because if you're overspeeding the aircraft, you're going to get buffeting, and if that's the case, nothing is broken.

I'd assume my speed is like 14, maybe more 17? 19km/h tops.

Coxy_99

"Its a wind bug for FC3:  Hoping for a hot fix soon it hurts the eyes after awhile. "

I'm speechless..

17 hours ago, Hydrox said:

..I’d assume my speed is like 14, maybe more 17? 19km/h tops.

I think the topic is about the shaking you get when overspending the aircraft in flight with all sorts of garbage hanging off your wings.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 3/20/2022 at 2:51 AM, Hydrox said:

So could you just restore Su-25s to proper flying condition?

The above is what made me think so. But if you were referring to taxiing, okay. I’ve never found either to make the aircraft unplayable (to use your word).

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 5 months later...

Need to test this again, but  I remember it depends on load. If you carry Vikhrs the shake will occur sooner.

It may be related to changes made to Ka-50, after video of Ka-52 in Feb/Mar emerged showing shake. While shake is present in Ka-52, I have seen later videos with lofting, similar speed and way less shake...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, okopanja said:

Need to test this again, but  I remember it depends on load. If you carry Vikhrs the shake will occur sooner.

The Su-25T has always shook when flying above 600 km/h when carrying Vikhr pods. It also acts like a giant airbrake.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I think it's safe to assume that when the cockpit/plane begins to shake/vibrate, you are flying too fast for present weight/conditions. I recently started flying the SU-25A and noticed that the cockpit will shake at higher airspeed. Once I throttle back/slow down, the shake goes away....so I assume that is from overspeed conditions. I am used to flying high speed/low drag aircraft, so it will take a little getting used to.

Next time when it starts to shake, slow down and once the shaking stops, note your airspeed and keep it around that number.

Edited by Skrimps

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel the problem isn't if the shaking happens or not but rather that it's the camera that shakes in the cockpit rather than the cockpit itself which makes it really uncomfortable to the player. You can see a clear difference of the shaking of an aircraft either stalling or a helicopter transitioning its flight compared to the one in the Su-25/T

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, my god! I can't believe this problem is STILL present in the Frogfoot, after like what... 8 years now? Even more than that! This is absurdly infuriating at this point! ED NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! 😡 We're talking about the ENTRY LEVEL aircraft that comes with DCS. It's the aircraft in which absolutely EVERY SINGLE NEW PLAYER will have their first impressions on DCS! And it has ALWAYS had this ANNOYING ISSUE never addressed and fixed!

Just to clarify, the "saking" we're talking about here, as far as I understood the topic, IS NOT the shake caused on the whole airframe by overspeeding at 600+ km/h, or due to excessive AoA. IT'S NOT the normal buffeting on the flight control surfaces. We're NOT talking about THAT kind of shake, guys.

As Reslox mentioned above, it's the ridiculous shake of THE CAMERA - NOT THE PLANE - that happens as soon as you start TAXIING on the ground. It's like the pilot view camera is being held by someone with parkinson's. We're not talking about crazy hyperspace warping speeds, we're talking about NORMAL TAXI SPEED. Hell, even WALKING SPEED, like 2 m/s makes the camera shake like it's going through an earthquake.

PLEASE, PLEASE, dev team, take a look at this issue!

Edited by WilliamLink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking

1 hour ago, WilliamLink said:

It's the aircraft in which absolutely EVERY SINGLE NEW PLAYER will have their first impressions on DCS.

Not necessarily, there's also FF TF-51D and plethora of modules to try for free!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...

I don't mind if the plane shakes, and I don't even care for what reason it does/doesn't, I just don't want the SCREEN to shake. Air may be buffeting my plane and thus buffeting my body, but I've been in plenty of shakey situations in my life that did not buffet my eyeballs. 

Please, an option to remove screen shake. Plane shake is fine, not screen.

• Thanks 2

On 1/27/2023 at 9:49 PM, Ironhand said:

It would be great to have the it feel more like the real deal. For example:

Jesus look at that 15:10 marker he ran into his lead wake. This is bad airmanship or lead.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.