Workaround for Gunner/Pilot desync in MP

StandingCow

Hey all, we found this out while toying with the apache in MP, this was done in the hoggit training service with tons of other folks, so it should work pretty reliably everywhere.

1. Map page set to attack phase (this is so when we create mark points they appear in the threat coord page.

2. Slave the TADS to your general attack area either a waypoint you set ahead of time or a mark point as mentioned above.

3. Create a mark point while lasing on the target you want to destroy then slave to that target. Confirm with your pilot that he sees the same target as you. For some reason slaving to targets seems to undo/reset the desync.

4. Set your aquisition source as the created waypoint, if you set your map page to attack phase this should be in the threat coord page.

5. Laser while still slaved to your markpoint, confirm with pilot he sees you lasing, if he doesn't then unlase and lase again, if that doesn't work cycle the laser from the weapons utility page.

6. Fire hellfire once parameters are confirmed with your pilot (large box, sees laser, etc).

A few other random notes:

- We also found that things seem to resync after rearming the aircraft, so you only need to do the above steps if the nasty desync demon starts to show it's ugly face during your flight.

- If at any time you get out of the aircraft alot of things need to be toggled in order to resync them. Laser in the wpn util page, possibly laser codes, channels, radio squelch, etc.

- Best to start from a cold/dark aircraft. Don't touch anything until everyone is firmly seated and buckled up.

Edited by StandingCow
  • Like 2

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Is it just me or did you set your text color to light gray? This is hard to read.

I have noticed that slaving the TADS to GHS seems to also alleviate the desync. LMC screws everything over, so don't do that. Commonly laser needs to be toggled off and on again. Sometimes rotor break caution comes up, toggling that in the pilot seat fixes it. If the APU status is desycned then putting the APU on in the pilot seat puts it out in the co pilot seat and it will just stay desynced no matter what. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. Possibly affecting fuel sync, but with 2 hours flight time I don't think that's an issue.

Edited by FalcoGer

28 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

Is it just me or did you set your text color to light gray? This is hard to read.

I have noticed that slaving the TADS to GHS seems to also alleviate the desync. LMC screws everything over, so don't do that. Commonly laser needs to be toggled off and on again. Sometimes rotor break caution comes up, toggling that in the pilot seat fixes it. If the APU status is desycned then putting the APU on in the pilot seat puts it out in the co pilot seat and it will just stay desynced no matter what. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. Possibly affecting fuel sync, but with 2 hours flight time I don't think that's an issue.

I edited and made the text white, hopefully that helps?  Not sure how that would have happened.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo