Off/Idle detent and LEDs questions - Warthog

Gil80

Hi all.

I'm new to HOTAS Worthog. I have a couple of questions I'm trying to solve.

1. It seems that TARGET doesn't recall my LED brightness settings. It always defaults to the brightest setting. I keep setting it to the lowest setting. This is quite annoying. Also, is there a way to ONLY operate the LEDs when I launch DCS?

2. I'm flying the F-18 and I can't find a way to configure the Off/Idle detent. The game recognizes when I set the throttle to OFF, but it doesn't recognize when I take it from OFF to IDLE. Is there a way to set it in TARGET?

Thanks.

Edited by Gil80

• Gil80 changed the title to Off/Idle detent and LEDs questions - Warthog

2: When in the OFF position, buttons 29 and 30 are activated.
You can use the function "MapkeyR" to detect the button states 29 and 30 have reversed.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

2: first make sure you have your bindings set correctly.  You want to use the "OFF/IDLE" command rather than "OFF" and "IDLE"

In theory as long as you have the "Sync HOTAS on startup" checked in the options that should solve your problem.  BUT it used to (not sure if it's the same or fixed) sometimes cause issues in that it picked up position of settings at end of the last flight (so if you were in afterburner and hot started, you instantly went to afterburner even if you had the throttle in idle).  I use a Winwing throttle now so I can't check whether it works properly with WH currently.

The other option is to leave it in idle when you start up you mission and then put it into OFF after you're in the cockpit and then it should be synced.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rob10 said:

2: first make sure you have your bindings set correctly.  You want to use the "OFF/IDLE" command rather than "OFF" and "IDLE"

In theory as long as you have the "Sync HOTAS on startup" checked in the options that should solve your problem.  BUT it used to (not sure if it's the same or fixed) sometimes cause issues in that it picked up position of settings at end of the last flight (so if you were in afterburner and hot started, you instantly went to afterburner even if you had the throttle in idle).  I use a Winwing throttle now so I can't check whether it works properly with WH currently.

The other option is to leave it in idle when you start up you mission and then put it into OFF after you're in the cockpit and then it should be synced.

Thanks. That worked!

• Like 1