Lock TADS to area/point through pilot HMD and then slew TADS from pilot seat?

NightstalkerNOR

Hello. First; Holy moly what a module! Fantastic addition to the DCS hangar, and omg, the spinning rotor.... ED: Excellent work!

Anyway; Being used to the TGP in the fixed-wing element, I am missing a function where I as a pilot without human CPG can take control of the sensors and get a visual overview of the target area. Specifically I want to identify the target area and then search on my own for targets to identify and prioritize them accordingly.

Is it possible to slew the TADS to look at a specific area or point through the pilot HMD and then take control of - and slew the TADS in that relevant area as a pilot? Or is the current operation to slew the TADS to a specific location through the George CPG-AI  and from there choose the targets he identifies?

This is not a feature request, but more a clarification of its functions. If this is the way (no pun intended) it is supposed to work, then ok - I will adapt.

TADS can only be controlled from the CPG cockpit. But If you want to do everything yourself, it's possible to fly from the CPG position. So after startup you can just switch cockpit and do almost everything from CPG position.

Thanks for your reply. I want to fly the Apache myself, so taking the CPG-function is not requested at this time. So I understand that the short answer to my question is that it is not possible to slew the TADS to a certain point or area through the Pilot HMD, and then take control of the TADS myself for continuous search and identification. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, NightstalkerNOR said:

Thanks for your reply. I want to fly the Apache myself, so taking the CPG-function is not requested at this time.

But that's what I was trying to explain, you can fly the Apache from the CPG position too.

1 hour ago, arneh said:

But that's what I was trying to explain, you can fly the Apache from the CPG position too.

I understand. I thought you were talking about the George AI ability to fly the aircraft, but then I get it. It is still not what I want to do in this particular scenario, but it's nice to know it can be done that way if one wants. Thanks.