FT&PPJOY Setup

viper3two

Hi

Just downloaded BS and loving every minute of it. I am a FT user, and saw where somebody got it working in BS using PPJoy. So I installed PPJoy, setup a default joystick 6 axis according to the PPJoy english manual. I am stuck now trying to get BS to see FT. Could somebody lead me in the right direction? What settings do you use in FT and also what settings do you use in BS to see the PPJoy? Thanks.

You have to enable ppjoy output mode in the output window of free track. You then have to map the axes correctly in the black shark axes controls window. if you mapped the axes correctly in ppjoy, your translation axes will be the joy x/y/z axes and the rotation axes will be the joy RX/RY/RZ axes. You might have to invert some axes in black shark. If you are having offset problems with ppjoy, try setting a custom center point in free track by centering your view and then pressing the custom center button. You can then center freetrack like you are used to and it will return to that custom center.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well....still no joy......

I have PPJoy setup according to the manual included with FT. I have FT fired up, it detects BS. I have the output on FT only as PPJoy, controller one. In BS, I have

absolute horizontal view=JoyX

absolute vertical view=JoyY

Horizontal shift Camera view=Joy RZ

Lognitudinal shift Camera view=Joy RX

Absolute Roll Shift=JoyZ

Absolute Vertical Shift=Slider1

Still will not work at all, no movement in BS. Other sims work just fine so I don't think its a FT issue.

I have FT 2.2

What am I missing?

Thanks

Sobek!! :thumbup: Thanks I got it going. I am not sure I prolly messed with it so much it was hung up. I rebooted my computer and now I have 6DOF..Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

And....WONDERFUL JOB ED!!!!!! Dayum I'm lovin this!!!!

(need to start a Blackshark widow's forum lol)

~V3T :pilotfly:

Sobek!! :thumbup: Thanks I got it going. I am not sure I prolly messed with it so much it was hung up. I rebooted my computer and now I have 6DOF..Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

And....WONDERFUL JOB ED!!!!!! Dayum I'm lovin this!!!!

(need to start a Blackshark widow's forum lol)

~V3T :pilotfly:

No problem, enjoy ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!