Whishlist: Remove the small camera

kotor633

Hello,
Is it possible to permanently remove the small camera in the front of the pilot's cockpit? E.g. via a LUA file? Realism or not: I just find it annoying. @Heatblur: Would it be conceivable that you add an additional entry in the options for this? 

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

You think that’s annoying? 
wait until you crew in on the F-4 . . . . Depending on version will depend on how much you can see forward. “Use the force Luke . . . “

• Like 3

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Hiob:

I think he wants an option to make the disassembled camera the default.

You are right, thank you. As i said: 'permanently remove'. I know that a Mouseclick remove the camera. But you have to do it every time you step into the cockpit. And the camera has no use in DCS anyway. And my question is aimed at whether one or the other LUA file has to be configured so that the camera can be permanently hidden. 

And why is the F-4 called here? What does my question have to do with the F-4 or what interests me about the F-4... The Mig-21 doesn't give you a better view of the front either. And? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kotor633 said:

You are right, thank you. As i said: 'permanently remove'. I know that a Mouseclick remove the camera. But you have to do it every time you step into the cockpit. And the camera has no use in DCS anyway. And my question is aimed at whether one or the other LUA file has to be configured so that the camera can be permanently hidden. 

And why is the F-4 called here? What does my question have to do with the F-4 or what interests me about the F-4... The Mig-21 doesn't give you a better view of the front either. And? 

As an example, my fine fella. 
I could have said, and probably should have, that the camera is a small piece of equipment. It would be like asking a school teacher to put down his pencil because you can’t see the blackboard.

And supplementally, I can’t wait to hear your reaction to the coaming dressing on the F-4. Oops, sorry - did it again.

• Like 4

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

6 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Hello,
Is it possible to permanently remove the small camera in the front of the pilot's cockpit? E.g. via a LUA file? Realism or not: I just find it annoying. @Heatblur: Would it be conceivable that you add an additional entry in the options for this? 

+1

would appreciate if they could include this as an option just like we can hide the stick by default

Edited by lax22
  • Like 1

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

vor 2 Stunden schrieb G.J.S:

As an example, my fine fella. 
I could have said, and probably should have, that the camera is a small piece of equipment. It would be like asking a school teacher to put down his pencil because you can’t see the blackboard.

And supplementally, I can’t wait to hear your reaction to the coaming dressing on the F-4. Oops, sorry - did it again.

That there always has to be at least one joker who just blows hot air in response to a normal question in a post... Can you answer my question? Or can you at least contribute something useful to my question? A hint or something? No? Little one, just let it be! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

That there always has to be at least one joker who just blows hot air in response to a normal question in a post... Can you answer my question? Or can you at least contribute something useful to my question? A hint or something? No? Little one, just let it be! 

Okay - useful head on (little one LOL!). :megalol:

There already IS facility for removal of said camera tracker. Just click upon it. I know that involves using your mouse, but so would setting your radalt. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Realism or not: I just find it annoying.

So you don't care about realism but you want devs to work out the option that is solved by one click? Unrealistic. Unfeasible.

Btw, that option that hides the stick should be removed too. Why not ask for removal of canopy rails?

• Thanks 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 minutes ago, draconus said:

So you don't care about realism but you want devs to work out the option that is solved by one click? Unrealistic. Unfeasible.

Btw, that option that hides the stick should be removed too. Why not ask for removal of canopy rails?

My way or high way.... right?

It is called an O P T I O N.

btw. The HUD camera in RL could indeed be dismounted by the pilots. Given, not with a simple click.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 8 Stunden schrieb draconus:

What does that have to do with my question? What does that have to do with my question? 
Can you answer my question? Or can you at least contribute something useful to my question? A hint or something? No? Then just let it be.

• Like 1

There are finite human resources available for changing existing features, never mind adding the new features that are still awaited. That seems to be the reality often not considered with the myriad requests made. What seems "simple" to you, generally isn't, and may involve stopping work on more important things like the ongoing autopilot rework, or <insert list of things still to come on the roadmap>.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Just add it to your checklist. Given the number of things you already click on, one more or less shouldn't be much of a problem.

If you're using autostart, you can probably modify the script. Don't ask me how, but people did that.

Yes thought the same. Though it wouldn't hurt to have an option (e.g. in the ME, like you have for plenty other stuff in several aircraft),

it is certainly just one single click more to a already large amount of clicks you need to do to set up the cockpit anyway - even in a hot start.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"