Slider in Special AH-64D settings to move the monocle closer or further from the pilot face in VR

RuskyV

I have noticed with many of the DCS modules that use a helmet mounted display often require you to move your VR headset in order to properly align the display with the centre of you eye.

It would be really nice if you could have something either in the special options of the modules, or even better to have key binds possible to move the whole display within the VR headset.

I often find I have to move the VR headset into an area where I can align then HMD correctly however this sometimes causes some discomfort with certain modules.

My Question is have you or will you consider such an option that would allow this sort of adjustment?

Cheers,

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

id like to see the the ihadss look more like it does in 2d in vr it kinda distracts your eyes, well for me since the left eye dont work as good lol.

a bit more transparent would be good or the ability  to change the transparency 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Viper said:

id like to see the the ihadss look more like it does in 2d in vr it kinda distracts your eyes, well for me since the left eye dont work as good lol.

a bit more transparent would be good or the ability  to change the transparency 

I'm happy with the representation of it in VR, but then both my eyes are ok. Have you tried switching it over to the left eye to see if that helps in your case?

no cause that eye dont see squat lol, thats why id like it to be a little transparent i find it takes over the vew as is, ive turned it off for so all i get is the data and no frame.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

As the title says.
I think we need a slider in Special AH-64D settings to move the monocle closer or further from the pilot face in VR. Currently the monocle looks very cool and real and probably when the pilot body will arrive will be even cooler but it seems it's worn on the tip of the nose and not on the eye orbit like it should or like it appears on all Apache AH-64 pilots pictures.

The projection itself should stay separate and even locked by ED to a certain size if necessary but the 3D frame of the monocle with its projector tube should be movable back and forward by such a slider. Much like we can set the distance from center of the Ka-50 aiming monocle only on X axis and not on Y.
I attached 2 pictures. As a glass wearer myself I can definitely say the monocle would not look as in the second picture (captured from my Quest 2 and granted some of the sides of it are not actually in view in vivo) for a monocle worn like in the first picture.

Because each VR headset might be different or each player may prefer a little bit more realism (either gone or almost gone the frame) or less realism but more atmospheric a slider which would adjust this position would be the best option in my opinion.

101344731-159839261.jpg

VirtualDesktop.Android-20220319-175953.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 3/20/2022 at 8:46 PM, zaelu said:

As the title says.
I think we need a slider in Special AH-64D settings to move the monocle closer or further from the pilot face in VR. Currently the monocle looks very cool and real and probably when the pilot body will arrive will be even cooler but it seems it's worn on the tip of the nose and not on the eye orbit like it should or like it appears on all Apache AH-64 pilots pictures.

The projection itself should stay separate and even locked by ED to a certain size if necessary but the 3D frame of the monocle with its projector tube should be movable back and forward by such a slider. Much like we can set the distance from center of the Ka-50 aiming monocle only on X axis and not on Y.
I attached 2 pictures. As a glass wearer myself I can definitely say the monocle would not look as in the second picture (captured from my Quest 2 and granted some of the sides of it are not actually in view in vivo) for a monocle worn like in the first picture.

Because each VR headset might be different or each player may prefer a little bit more realism (either gone or almost gone the frame) or less realism but more atmospheric a slider which would adjust this position would be the best option in my opinion.

101344731-159839261.jpg

VirtualDesktop.Android-20220319-175953.jpg

Put a tube (say a deodorant can, it is roughly matches the IHADSS diameter) against your cheek, you’ll still be able to see a large portion of it, nearly the identical amount that DCS presents us with. 

Edited by Gunslinger22
  • Like 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

As a VR user the key for me is being able to adjust the pilot/gunner camera view relative to the helmet and being able to make some adjustments on the IHADSS monocle.

I don't expect ED to be able to get it right for all so the key here is adjustments for comfort factor.

I can't stand seeing the balaclava on my face in VR - we have the option to remove it very good choice ED

12 hours ago, Gunslinger22 said:

Put a tube (say a deodorant can, it is roughly matches the IHADSS diameter) against your cheek, you’ll still be able to see a large portion of it, nearly the identical amount that DCS presents us with. 

As I said... I am a glasses wearer. I know how that looks for 40 years 😄 
You can watch Casmo in one of his early videos about IHADDS before the launch when he said you actually don't see it at all. Like glasses... you have too look for it to see it and also you never ever see it all at once. You need to roll the eye around to "build a complete picture" for few seconds then it vanishes again.
If you a referring to the projector tube... that is not main concern. The frame of reflector is. The projector though has the wrong angle as it should be almost 90° off the eye plane but in game is more like 45°... much like in the cartoons where bad guy fires a laser at a reflection in a mirror of Bugs Bunny only to hilariously hit himself with it 😄
And I suppose by moving the frame of reflector closer to the cheek from the tip of the nose as it is now that reflector would move closer too and be less visible. As it should be.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I would like to ED change the 3D monocle shape. The borders are too thick and the base occupies too much. In VR is ok, as the borders are blured, but in mirror recording for OBS, it is huge the ammount of pixels that are hidden behind the monocle. If the border could be thinner and the base a little to the down position it would be nice.

By the way, I love the way the monocle animate to be removed from the eye, but it just appears when showing again with the "i" key. That animation is made in the VR goggles.

BY THE WAY: could you please not fill all the VR area of the NVG and leave an area below to allow us see? Remember that reverb g2 sweet spot is too small so we need generous area to see in night vision but also below to see crips the instruments without night vision. We can use mods, but they break and give problems with IC in multiplayer. Thanks!

PD2: allow some kind of image stabilization for mirror to record nice footage for our viewers. You will have more potential buyers.

80818386ad25b4ddad74d8c4f74f755e.jpg
https://gyazo.com/80818386ad25b4ddad74d8c4f74f755e

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 3

More control over monocle appearance would be nice! Especially controls for positioning closer or further away, without using zoom.

I would also like a transparency slider

i7 930-6 GB-Win7 64-Vertex SSD-Spinpoint F3 raid 0-HD 5970-1920x1080-HOTAS WARTHOG

i got the same issue, wish there was a way to get the "center pos" to be adjustable. mine is way to high.

pic is roughtly what i see in my vr(had to take a silly pic to show what is shown in my eyes) a regular screenshot dident show it

Screen_220328_170940.png

• Like 1