How to manually input target coordinates by using left side keyboard ??

Mac D
Go to solution Solved by ArjenHVA,

So I've bin watching Wags his guide on on TDS navigation (which is very helpfull) yet there's something I can't figure out.

Let say your doing a CAS mission and the JTAC gives you the cooridinates of the target.
Now normally you go TSD->MAP->POINT->ADD->TG and use the the cursor to point at the coordinates.

Thing is, the coordinates are mostly way out of your map screen (and for some dume reason I can find map square markings on the map displayed in TSD) so I want to manually input the coordinates using the left side keyboard.

Aaannndd for some reason, the way I'm doing it doesn't work.
I select TSD -> MAP -> POINT -> TG -> and type in the coordinates (FH595705 enter did work so I figured okay it needs a 8 digit coordinate and changed it to FH59507050 and enter but it still doesn't take)

So my question as stated in the topic title :
Is it possible to manually input coordinates using the keyboard AND how ?

Edited by Mac D

• Mac D changed the title to How to manually input target coordinates by using left side keyboard ??

To manually enter coordinates you go

1. Point
2. Add
3. Ident>
4. Enter Identify (check ABR sub page from TSD->Point->ABR to find out what identities exist). If you leave it blank it will default to WP in NAV phase and TP in ATK phase.
5. Enter a free text description of 3 letters maximum that will show up on the TSD. If you leave it blank it will automatically fill in the next number in the list (W##, T##, C##, etc)
6. Enter coordinates. It will populate your current grid reference and place the cursor at the northing. Enter 8 digit MGRS. Remember that to convert the 10 digit mgrs from the f10 map you leave out the last digit of each group of 5, and NOT just cut off the last 2 digits. If your INU is not yet aligned, the grid might be (wildly) off. Alternatively you can enter L/L in [D]DDMMmm as N123456E0123456 for 12°34.56' N / 012°34.56' E
7. Confirm the altitude in ft and hit enter.

If you move the cursor during coordinate entry, the coordinates are updated to the cursor position, so you can place, for example, an Airfield marker (Ident: AG) with the cursor.

If you placed a point down, you can edit it's location by selecting the point

1. Point
2. Point> -> Ku -> Enter point identifier OR Select with cursor
3. Edit
4. Enter new free text/leave blank to leave unchanged
5. Enter new coordinates as described above.
6. Confirm altitude

• Thanks 3