CPG in Multiplayer?

ustio
Go to solution Solved by Wags,

On 3/14/2022 at 6:05 PM, Caldero said:

Hi

The major disadvantage is -when flying alone a dual cockpit bird- that you are not being very realistic and you are  missing 50% of the fun of sharing cockpit with a friend 🙂

if I had to fly alone with George IA I would take the pilot position, never CPG, 100% sure!

Regards!

what if yopu dont have any friends? askin for a... oh 

• Like 5

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

On 3/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, Caldero said:

Hi

The major disadvantage is -when flying alone a dual cockpit bird- that you are not being very realistic and you are  missing 50% of the fun of sharing cockpit with a friend 🙂

if I had to fly alone with George IA I would take the pilot position, never CPG, 100% sure!

Regards!

I agree!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, eatthis said:

what if yopu dont have any friends? askin for a... oh 

Hi

If you don't have any friend and you are not very shy, you can try an unknown human CPG/PLT from any DCS multiplayer server, DCS discord, and so on

Regards

On 10/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, Raptor9 said:

Not sure if you mean literal "pilot" as in the person that flies or "pilot" as in one of the crewmembers on board.  However, to clarify some things depending on other people's interpretations...

There really is no "main" or "primary" crewmember in the Apache.  Yes, the backseat is certainly the one primarily responsible for actually controlling the aircraft itself, but in reality there is much more to it than just primary crewmember and secondary crewmember.  When operating in tactical conditions, the backseat pilot is essentially flying "single-pilot" in that the front-seater can't always back him up with many of the piloting tasks that one normally associates with a "co-pilot".  There are some things the front seat may take time to assist the backseat with depending on each other's workload and what the task priority is at that moment, but the level of assistance is quite dependent on the nature and complexity of the mission.  The front seat is normally very occupied with "gunner" tasks.  Operating the sensors, managing the radios, sometimes even coordinating and controlling the entire flight of Apaches.  The front-seater runs the fight.  The back-seater is there to enable the front-seater to do that.

Back seat/Pilot: Fly the aircraft, communicate with other pilots in the team for coordinating maneuvers and flight safety, provide security against immediate/close-in threats
Front seat/Gunner: Manage sensors, communicate with other gunners in the flight to accomplish mission objectives, coordinate with ground forces, attack targets from stand-off

In the AH-64A, each crewmember had very distinct roles and responsibilities out of necessity because very little could be done from both seats.  In the AH-64D, however, each crewmember still has distinct roles and responsibilities from a way to manage the fight, but with a lot of flexibility to back each other up, to take over certain tasks if a crewmember is task-saturated or incapacitated.  And who is actually in command of the aircraft is a whole other discussion altogether, since it could be either crewmember, or could vary depending on what military you reference, what kind of mission it is, or even what preference the crewmembers have that day.

TL;DR - a good argument could be made for either seat to be the "primary" slot, but if you asked me, I would say it should be the backseat.  Simply because the AI is a much worse pilot than he is a gunner.  I would rather miss a target because the AI gunner is incompetent than crash into the ground.  But I also think that the player should be able to swap seats in the multiplayer environment if he is the only "human" crewmember.

Now that the Apache is out… For the best single player experience, would it make more sense to just fly as CPG (except for start-ups) ?

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Couldn't find the answer, apologies if already covered!

In multiplayer mission where there is one client controlling the apache, the client can't switch between pilot and CPG by default as you can in single player.

Is there a option in the mission editor where you can enable this functionality?

Edited by evilnate
punctuation error

On 3/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, eatthis said:

can you use the cpg pit alone in multiplayer?

Im guessing not, that was the question that brought me to this thread and reading the above, I think its not possible, which is a shame. When you join a server you have to join as pilot and then you cannot change seat.

30 minutes ago, Faosmaster6151 said:

You can play as a CPG, as long as the server is set up so you cannot play multicrew. If the server is set up so multicrew is playable, you cannot get into the CPG seat unless you join someone else's apache. 

How do you setup server to prevent multicrew?

We are working on the ability to be in either seat for network play. It will require careful testing, and it is coming.
Kind regards,
Matt

Thank you. This would be a huge upgrade to the module

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can we get the ability to use the front seat in multiplayer please

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hello fellows,

the module is amazing, but unfortunately I cannot do any recon/fac tasks with/for my mates as long as i cannot switch seats in MP. As George doesn't use zoom i also have no clue what's actually in his view - or if the current helo position is even good for a shot.

Is there any chance that at some point we will be able to switch seats?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, voth said:

As George doesn't use zoom i also have no clue what's actually in his view - or if the current helo position is even good for a shot.

Assuming you are talking about if you are in the pilot seat, and you use George AI and press George-Up to have him search for targets where IHADSS is pointing?

You can zoom in to see what he's locked...  for example:

- On the left MPD (weapons page) select "Left MPD Pushbutton – R6", set acquisition source to TADS

- On the right MPD select:

Right MPD Pushbutton – VID, to select video
Right MPD Pushbutton – R1, to select TADS underlay
Right MPD Pushbutton – T6, to select TADS from CPG
Right MPD Pushbutton – L1/L2/L3, to select W/N/Z view

- Use George AI, press George-Up-Short to have him search for targets where you are looking with the IHADSS

- Designate a target from the list (George-Right-Short) if he provides one, or he will self-designate if he only sees one (or if no units are there)

You should now be able to see what he's looking at in the TADS on the right MPD, in whatever zoom you chose above

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Thanks 2