CPG in Multiplayer?

ustio
Go to solution Solved by Wags,

A quick solution would be to just set the Apache as "Singleplayer" in the mission editor by the mission designer. That way we could jump between seats similar to SP missions, but don't need to handle the complexity of switching seats in MP with human PLT and human CP/G, or do I miss something, that prevents using the same features that work in SP in a MP mission? I am aware it means you have separate SP and separate MultiCrew slots in a Multiplayer mission, but we could use the Apache from the front seat and rear seat by switching seats like we do now in SP.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

george miss everything with gun cuz he cant see where "it goes", maintaining hover and scrolling down ... down ... down ... trying to find out what is under your helicopter and *explosion* you are dead ... too late sorry. Just let me do it for myself, i really enjoy ability to switch seat in sp but i play more MP than SP 😕

Could there be a compromise for the moment with NO seat switching, BUT - opt in to start in CPG?  That way at least the computer only needs to think about "one" code at a time.  I jump straight into the CPG seat in SP and stay there, flying and engaging like the BS or FA18.

Obviously cold start would need the cheat (I start hot anyway).

George is very good a magically spotting 5+ targets, but he needs you to fly him closer than needed, often TOO close with the resulting BOOM of a shoot down.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:53 AM, MrReynolds said:

Could there be a compromise for the moment with NO seat switching, BUT - opt in to start in CPG?  That way at least the computer only needs to think about "one" code at a time.  I jump straight into the CPG seat in SP and stay there, flying and engaging like the BS or FA18.

Obviously cold start would need the cheat (I start hot anyway).

George is very good a magically spotting 5+ targets, but he needs you to fly him closer than needed, often TOO close with the resulting BOOM of a shoot down.

If I remember right, I think they said they were working on George starting the aircraft. It's has to be a sync issue in MP with having him start up. We can perform complex tasks (start-up, etc) using Voice Attack or a StreamDeck. George just needs to get the engines going, we can setup everything else from the front. So it doesn't seem the answer is completely just George starting up the engines. De-sync is still a huge problem in MP. Last night when flying with the squad, when I first entered the CP/G seat I couldn't turn on my NVG goggles (not the PNVS or TADS but just the NVG goggles). If I went back to Select Role and joined the same seat again, everything would look normal (NVGs would work and systems would be up) but 10-15 seconds later the CP/G would go cold and dark. Finally had to just fly using the TADS sight. 

It sucks they couldn't have this in place at EA release (since they wanted it as complete as possible) as it means we have to be handicapped by George and his blind butt in MP if we don't have friends to join us. Hopefully they can work it out soon, at least they are telling us they are working on it. Not much we can do but wait and hope next $$$ module doesn't refocus their attention and we end up waiting a year or two for this crutch to be removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been playing online lately and I'm wondering: Is it possible yet to switch between PLT and CP/G station in MP? Or has anything been shared by ED on this matter?

(Not able to test it myself at the moment)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

44 minutes ago, Scaley said:

It's coming apparently, but it's not here yet.

Ah ok, SP it is then 🙂

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Giving the mission creators the ability to choose between 2 types of apaches one that can use multicrew and one that is only used by one player at the time would be a good solution IMO

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 11:37 AM, Wags said:

We are working on the ability to be in either seat for network play. It will require careful testing, and it is coming.

Kind regards,

Matt

Thanks for the info Wags but not sure if your statement wraps the issue.

I will speak for myself in saying that...It would be way more enjoyable in multiplayer if I could enter an Apache machine and be able to start flying as the Pilot with George AI present up front and then swap with George's seat and become the CPG when close to the action. George AI would then automatically become the pilot. It would be a blessing if we could fly the AH64 in this fashion.    

So the idea is to be able to play either role, in flight. If no player is in the CPG seat then I should be able to swap positions with George AI. Simply make the single player behavior also available in multiplayer. 

Is this what you meant in your closing comment?

• Like 1

MOBO/MSI X570-A PRO/PCIe 4. CPU/AMD RYZEN 9 3900X (12 CORE), RAM/DDR4-32 GB (3200MHZ with XMP activated on the MOBO), GPU/EVGA-RTX 3080Ti, HMD/PIMAX Crystal, HOTAS/Thrustmaster Cougar

• 4 weeks later...
  • Raptor9 unpinned this topic