Right engine issues on start up- help

this problem only seems t affect the right engine

Assume left engine running and the  setting is green at 66%

I then start the right engine( quick click up ) wait for that to reach 23% approx then move the right throttle to idle

the rpm counts to 52 then counts down to 0 . 

I cant seem to start both engines fully? Any suggestions

That is weird.

- Make sure you did not kill the APU. The APU must run until both engine are fully started and ready to lift off.

- Are you sure that you set your engine 2 throttle at idle after clicking the start engine button? You said you did but do you visually see it? Could be a hotas setup issue of some sort.

Edited by Frag

Have you winds in your mission? Your supposed to start your downwind engine first. At least this common procedure with dual engine aircraft. You don‘t want to suffocate your second engine with the exhaust gasses of the first on running.

BUT you can start them simultaneously just fine as a work around. It is not correct procedure but it works.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

starting both engines together helps. If i make sure i move the controllers to all positions pre start up  whilst in the sim it resets them. so perhaps that was the issue. Thanks

Edited by snak

3 hours ago, snak said:

this problem only seems t affect the right engine

Assume left engine running and the  setting is green at 66%

I then start the right engine( quick click up ) wait for that to reach 23% approx then move the right throttle to idle

the rpm counts to 52 then counts down to 0 . 

I cant seem to start both engines fully? Any suggestions

I have the same issue on some missions.  Doesn't matter if it is the left or right engine, it is the second engine started.  Sometimes it goes after 2-3 tries, other times if Increase the power levers above idle it picks up too.  

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Ok. I think I know what causes this. Is everyone with this problem got rudder pedals that don't return to centre like real anti torque pedals? Because I can 100% replicate the issue if my rudder pedals are centred. Centred normal start, not centred hung start. 

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Same problem here.

I tried to make sure my rudders pedals are perfectly centered, I even added a dead zone, but no luck 😞

I tried 4 times in a row and no luck so far.

I also tried to put the power throttle a little bit higher than idle, and still no luck.

Only way I found to get both engines runnings => start them both at the same time...

Edited by lwalter

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 2:28 PM, Hiob said:

Have you winds in your mission? Your supposed to start your downwind engine first. At least this common procedure with dual engine aircraft. You don‘t want to suffocate your second engine with the exhaust gasses of the first on running.

BUT you can start them simultaneously just fine as a work around. It is not correct procedure but it works.

Not exactly. I know it was on video but the proper solution in real life is to start one day right engine at beginning, the next day left engine for example, so that it would be a different engine each time.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro