occasionally any aux tanks refuse to be selected

Rongor
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Activating the IAFS tank on on the MPD Fuel format so far works when done right from the startup. If you add other external fuel tanks than things *can* get mixed up. I had cases when only any external fuel tank refused to accept its activation on the fuel page, sometimes even the IAFS rejected the button press in such configurations.

I guess you need a trackfile on it. This may take a while. Yet wanted to report in advance to invite others experimenting with it and add to this report.

Edited by Rongor

• ED Team

Not ruling out the possibility of some bugs in your instance, but the following fuel conditions should also be in play:

1) If fuel is being transferred between the forward and aft main fuel tanks, in either direction, any fuel feeding from the internal or external fuel tanks will be suspended (indicated by the dimmed "partial intensity" fuel lines leading from the aux tanks). If you want to force them into the tanks, you can switch XFER to OFF to stop any transfer "auto-leveling" between the main tanks.

2) If fuel is being fed from any external fuel tank, the internal aux tank feeding will be suspended, similar to 1).

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Only time i had Pylon Aux tanks not work was when i had the outboard pylons loaded with wing tanks. And then had the inboard pylons loaded with Hellfire.  I believe this is my error, as i remember reading some where that the fuel is fed from the OB pylon tank to the I/B pylon tank. and from that tank it is fed into the Main tanks.   I believe this i my wrong doing, because it had no inboard Aux tanks to feed fuel into, thus interrupting the chain.    When i had the pylon Aux tanks on the inboard pylons,  everything worked fine.

Thanks

Ok, so far I have a trackfile showing aux tanks on the outer stations. Selecting them doesn't fill the little circles at their respective MPD buttons.

Inner stations were occupied with weapons.

Or are external tanks on outer stations simply unavailable if there aren't any at the inner stations as well?

auxfuelouter.trk

• ED Team
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Rongor said:

Or are external tanks on outer stations simply unavailable if there aren't any at the inner stations as well?

Yes. The only time fuel would be loaded on outer stations would be if 4x tanks were ever needed for long-range self-deployment scenarios. In which case they would feed the inner tanks, which would in turn feed the main tanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue but with no external tank involvement at all. Simply, if I don't click the C AUX on the fuel page very early in the cold start process it is later impossible to activate it. Has this been ID'ed as a bug or it works as intended?

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
53 minutes ago, Belphe said:

I'm having the same issue but with no external tank involvement at all. Simply, if I don't click the C AUX on the fuel page very early in the cold start process it is later impossible to activate it. Has this been ID'ed as a bug or it works as intended?

See bullet 1) in my response at the beginning of the thread.

• Like 1

DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, Raptor9 said:

See bullet 1) in my response at the beginning of the thread.

we had someone run into something like this during a flight today, the C AUX would not enable no matter what. No dimmed lines and no filled circle. And they tried both XFER off and auto, neither worked.