Using Mouse for Cockpit view panning

Skyrat

So other modules allow us (who don't have TrackIR) to use the mouse to free-look around the cockpit.  I believe you press the middle mouse button and can then pan around and zoom/unzoom with wheel.  Then when you need to press a button, you either release the middle mouse button... or it was a toggle... now I can't remember... but I don't seem to be able to find a way to get this to work in DCS: AH-64D.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Skyrat

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz, 16GB, GeForce 780 2GB, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, Win 7 64-bit.

"The only thing we have to fear...... is GRAVITY! ....and the occasional R-77."

Same here. I can double click the mouse wheel and enter a vertical/horizontal positioning mode, double click to exit. But not matter how I click/hold I can't seem to look around using the mouse. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, it's a bug or a known limitation of the early access.

9 hours ago, Hardcard said:

@Skyrat
@Magic Man

Homemade headtracking systems are cheap and work well, either get one or build your own.
You don't have to buy an expensive TrackIR set in order to overcome the mouse limitation. 

I have a Tobii eye tracker which works fine, just trying to use the mouse as well when it's disabled.

@skyrat simply map up the action "Clickable Mouse Cockpit Mode - On/Off" to "MOUSE_BTN3". By default pressing the scroll-wheel is mapped to something else (forgot what)

Edited by pellelil

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

@pellelil.... Thanks.

Edited by Skyrat

Skyrat

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz, 16GB, GeForce 780 2GB, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, Win 7 64-bit.

"The only thing we have to fear...... is GRAVITY! ....and the occasional R-77."

• 7 months later...

I have followed this thread with interest. Panning always worked for me until suddenly it didn't and I cannot understand what, if anything, has changed. The normal behaviour, for me, has been double-click the mouse scroll wheel activates the "look around the cockpit" view but the motion is not from a fixed camera location, i.e. the camera moves horizontally and vertically. A second single-click of the mouse scroll wheel and the camera becomes fixed therefore when moving the mouse the camera tilts up, down, left and right and provides the ability to pan. Suddenly, however, I cannot activate the fixed cockpit camera mode. I now can only move the cockpit camera vertically and horizontally. I don't know why the fixed camera mode has suddenly gone. I am liaising with EA Support currently. I hope this issue can be resolved.

NB: This mode suddenly disappeared a while back due to an update. Then after a few months and another update, the above behaviour suddenly appeared again.  I can locate (F-14) cockpit camera mouse (only) bindings that I'm sure manage only horizontal and vertical cockpit camera movements. I have no idea where the pan bindings are for the mouse for the cockpit view. I'll aslo add that the camera works as expected in the F2 view, i.e. the camera remains fixed.  Not in the cockpit now, disappointingly.