"Auto Hover" for the Apache?

Dagobert666
Go to solution Solved by Bunny Clark,

I mean that the autopilot automatically keeps the helicopter on: a point, altitude and orientation.

Is that already implemented?
Will that come?
Or does the AH64D not have that?

I'm surprised that this isn't mentioned anywhere. As far as I know the Longbow has something like that.

-In the "Janes Lombow1-2" simulators the Apache has something like that.
-Even the comparatively ancient HIND has an auto-hover.
-The AH64-D is a state-of-the-art helicopter. Planned in the 80s and put into service in the early 2000s. It must have installed something like that.

Don't get me wrong, please. If Apache doesn't have something like that, then I don't demand that he gets something like that either. It just surprises me. I expected a highly modern autopilot system in Apache.

• ED Team

Attitude / Position mode will come later, but only when you are between 0 and 4 knots. So, you will still need to get yourself into a stable hover first.

It will not be a magical button you press to miraculously put the -64 into a hover.

Kind regards,

Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Wags said:

Attitude / Position mode will come later, but only when you are between 0 and 4 knots. So, you will still need to get yourself into a stable hover first.

It will not be a magical button you press to miraculously put the -64 into a hover.

Kind regards,

Matt

I'm guessing that this will require the same sort of activation conditions as the hover mode in the Gazelle then. 

Edited by frostycab
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wags said:

Kind regards,

Matt

i can get it to 4 knots, just not quite nailed a completely stable hover yet

• Like 1

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr