Low RPM warning and George CPG not working

sobe
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Why do I keep getting a low rpm warning when I go into a hot Apache and try to hover?

When I am in the CPG seat and try to control the Apache with George, I get the George command circle and George's voice, but the Apache does not go up.  What am I doing wrong?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

9 minutes ago, sobe said:

Why do I keep getting a low rpm warning when I go into a hot Apache and try to hover?

When I am in the CPG seat and try to control the Apache with George, I get the George command circle and George's voice, but the Apache does not go up.  What am I doing wrong?

It happens when you pull the collective too hard and too fast and, of course, if the throttle-level of your engines is too low. (check left console)

Did not try CPG with George as pilot, yet.
In general: Commands in the inner circle are accessed by a short press, commands in the outer circle are activated via long press. Maybe that will make a change.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Have you mapped the up, down. left & right controls to the George AI helper controls section?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

yes

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• ED Team
  • Solution

You may be carrying too much weapons/fuel for the environment you are in, like hot or high altitude locations.

Try reducing the payload you are loaded with and see if that works.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

30 minutes ago, Feuerfalke said:

It happens when you pull the collective too hard and too fast and, of course, if the throttle-level of your engines is too low. (check left console)

Did not try CPG with George as pilot, yet.
In general: Commands in the inner circle are accessed by a short press, commands in the outer circle are activated via long press. Maybe that will make a change.

Not to derail from topic, but I was just now wondering about the Apache's throttles...... far as I know and/or presume, the throttles in helicopters are kept at full while in flight and of course in takeoffs, while power is exclusively controlled by collective........ (this is a question).

12 minutes ago, salsantana said:

Not to derail from topic, but I was just now wondering about the Apache's throttles...... far as I know and/or presume, the throttles in helicopters are kept at full while in flight and of course in takeoffs, while power is exclusively controlled by collective........ (this is a question).

Yes, same in Apache, put throttles to flight position, don't touch them again till landing. ( more or less)

• Like 1