Cannot set LASER code via DED when aircraft is hotstarted in the mission

Pmedic548

I have several missions I've downloaded and also created with the aircraft already running. When I go to set the LASER codes via the UFC I input the numbers, ie 1668, press enter and the scratch pad erases. If I change the mission so that the aircraft is cold and dark I am able to input the codes. 

1 hour ago, Pmedic548 said:

I have several missions I've downloaded and also created with the aircraft already running. When I go to set the LASER codes via the UFC I input the numbers, ie 1668, press enter and the scratch pad erases. If I change the mission so that the aircraft is cold and dark I am able to input the codes. 

Wait, you are changing bomb laser code or TGP laser code?

If you are changing TGP laser code it should work via DED, I don't know which steps you took. Post a short track of the issue so we can see what went wrong.

If you want to change the Bomb code, it is done by kneeboard and it can not be done while aircraft is running, you either need to set the code in mission editor or change it via kneeboard when the aircraft is shut down.

On 3/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, Furiz said:

Wait, you are changing bomb laser code or TGP laser code?

If you are changing TGP laser code it should work via DED, I don't know which steps you took. Post a short track of the issue so we can see what went wrong.

If you want to change the Bomb code, it is done by kneeboard and it can not be done while aircraft is running, you either need to set the code in mission editor or change it via kneeboard when the aircraft is shut down.

I'm setting the TGP code via the DED. I'll get a track file uploaded

The TGP won't take the code values until it is not showing OFF and won't repeat the code value back on the UFC until it's timed out. Here's a demo (I would use ground power but TGP isn't working on ground power):

• Entry of TGP CODE when TGP OFF displayed on MFD -> No code
  • Entry of TGP CODE when NOT TIMED OUT displayed on MFD -> Code entry is pending but will show 0 until time out
  • Entry of TGP CODE when timed out -> Code entry is immediate

F-16 Earliest TGP Code Entry.trk

Edited by Frederf

4 hours ago, usafcop11 said:

The bug I noticed was setting the bomb laser code from the kneeboard from a hotstart doesn't work. 

You can not change the bomb code while the aircraft engine is running. It is not a bug.

IRL they input those codes on the bombs before flight, pilot can not change them from the plane.

Edited by Furiz

• ED Team

Im not sure I am seeing any issue here, but I maybe wrong

hotstart just make sure the TGP is on and not in stby, then change the code. 

I will run it by the team.

and as mentioned by Furiz kneeboard codes for bombs can only be changed cold and dark. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Apparently codes entered with TGP format showing off are rejected, after off but before timeout are stored (DED shows 0 but applies as soon as timeout), and after timeout is immediate. I don't know if that's accurate or not but it's perfectly reasonable and usable.

The only potential bug I see is that TGP is not working on ground power. The only reason I could see for TGP to be special inhibited without engine turning is if TGP cooling was somehow linked to ECS or other cooling that wouldn't be operating with ground power. Electrically there's nothing different between ground or onboard power.

• ED Team

I am going to do a report for the team, they want to take a closer look at it. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2