TEDAC PNVS button functionality

AvroLanc
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Question for those in the know…

When I select PNVS button on the TEDAC I’m expecting to see the pilots PNVS video overlaid with his HDU symbology…..

Instead I get CPG TADs video overlaid with the pilots HDU symbology…

Is this correct? I thought it should show the PNVS as the video source?

Thanks. 

• ED Team
  • Solution

Technically, the PNV button should show whatever is in the pilot's HDU. If it is day time and the pilot has his NVS set to OFF, the PNV button should show only the pilot's flight symbology on the TDU. If the pilot flips his NVS switch to NORM or FIXED, the TDU then should show the PNVS FLIR video with the pilot's flight symbology.

If the pilot selects TADS as his NVS sensor, the TDU should show the TADS FLIR video with the pilot's flight symbology overlaid on it, even though PNV is selected.

The PNV button just selects the pilot's HDU symbology/video for display on the CPG's TDU, just like how the PLT HMD selection on the VID page shows it.

The only time this is not the case is if the CPG has his NVS switch set to NORM or FIXED. In this case, the CPG's HDU is repeated in the TDU, and the PNV button is ignored.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

15 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Technically, the PNV button should show whatever is in the pilot's HDU. If it is day time and the pilot has his NVS set to OFF, the PNV button should show only the pilot's flight symbology on the TDU. If the pilot flips his NVS switch to NORM or FIXED, the TDU then should show the PNVS FLIR video with the pilot's flight symbology.

If the pilot selects TADS as his NVS sensor, the TDU should show the TADS FLIR video with the pilot's flight symbology overlaid on it, even though PNV is selected.

The PNV button just selects the pilot's HDU symbology/video for display on the CPG's TDU, just like how the PLT HMD selection on the VID page shows it.

The only time this is not the case is if the CPG has his NVS switch set to NORM or FIXED. In this case, the CPG's HDU is repeated in the TDU, and the PNV button is ignored.

Ok thanks, that’s as I expected. Have you tried this in game much?

As CPG I had PNVS button selected (with pilot in NVS NORM) and I got TADS video overlaid with pilots HDU symbology. I could then slew TADs video background around with slew controller…..! I’m pretty sure this is incorrect. Thanks.

(Also, I think the ‘Owner Cue’ message is an amusing interpretation. It should say PLT FORMAT / CPG FORMAT instead…..’owner cue’ is just the documentation’s way of labelling it.)

So after re-testing this today, it is indeed modeled incorrectly at the moment. TADS video is the only video displayed, whatever the configuration. 

It was working correctly in Wag's TADS video. So something got out of whack. I've got no time for a proper bug report today I'm afraid.

Edited by AvroLanc