Linkage-less aircraft rudder pedals

I'm looking for rudder pedals that would be akin to this: 
full-35902-78734-rudder.jpg

Ignore the caption. Single, solid bar, with no linkages of any kind. High forces on both toe brakes and the rudder axis. Are there any commercial or DIY projects going on that would go in that direction? Last I heard, RealSimulator was the only one trying, but I don't see those pedals being sold.

Pendular rudder with realistic force (about 100lbs at full deflection) and throw would be OK, too, if anyone knows of a project doing that. Most designs I've seen look far too flimsy to take that kind of springs.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, hsth said:

This is an inverted pendular rudder, like you'd find in a helo. Not exactly a configuration I'm interested in. Might have the right forces, at least (since it's metal), but it doesn't say anything about it on the product page.

13 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Slaw RX or Simple SImpit pedals come to my mind, but not many other units

These use a pantograph linkage. Not what I'm looking for, I already have a DIY set using that mechanism. I you look at the Viper pedals pic I posted, the two toe brakes are on a single piece of metal. They don't stay parallel to your feet. That's how the actual rudder works in both Viper and Hornet, and in many other aircraft, too (particularly those without toe brakes).

Something like this? 100% home made. But please note that this project has gone through 5 complete redesign, over the past 13 years. Even I myself couldn't wait for it and bought TM's TPR b/c I wanted to fly F16 and F18, and AH64 now, not next year. However, I am rather sure there will be no major redesign, as the main mechanism is working very well -- I have completely resolved the torque binding of the linear ball bearing problem that had been plaguing me for the last 10 years, once and for all.

What's missing are:

1. The new Hempstick Pico to be able to drive the industrial servo motor and serve as an USB controller.

2. Force sensing toe brakes. Some partial prototypes in progress.

3. prototype the new pivot-bar-less modification.

The picture is a bit old... the new modification has no central pivot bar... one less thing to make with milling machine. That reduced the parts requiring milling machine to a big fat zero (although a CNC milling machine would be nice to have in the manufacturing process).

The designed force for the main axis is about 40 lbf, toe brake, 20 lbf.

And NO FFB! Don't ask. I refuse to support FFB. It's possible to get it to work if you get rid of the motor and no toe brake, and put in spring centering, and other controllers, like the original Hempstick, or whatever other controllers. Obviously, I am not into that. It's a nice to have feature if I could cramp it in, but will be ditched in a heart bit if my main design conflict with it.

IMG_1085.png

That looks nice, but it's another design with linear motion. That's not how the real pedals move. They don't slide, they rotate around a central pivot. With pedals deflected, the toe brakes are not parallel to the foot. Weird, but that's how it is in both Viper and Hornet. The rails you see on the picture in the OP are only for moving the entire unit back and forth to adjust the pedals.

I'm interested in pedals that work like in the real aircraft. The mechanism is actually real simple, it just needs to be strong enough to withstand the forces involved, and I'm not enough of an engineer to do it.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

They don't slide, they rotate around a central pivot. With pedals deflected, the toe brakes are not parallel to the foot.

The detail is that this pedal has very short movement, It's said 19mm for F-16, working more as pressure transducer.

That's interesting. Would this design work if the rails were removed and the central linkage replaced with a solid bar on which the toe brakes could be mounted? Mechanical stops would have to be added, of course. If the main bearing could take that sort of force, then maybe it could be made into a design that I want.