Any ideas on what programs to use to change Xbox One controller triggers from analog to button?

I’m using my Xbox one controller as my Tedac controller. However, i can’t get DCS to recognize the Left and Right triggers, or the left stick, as buttons instead of axes.

Any ideas on what program I could use to change the controller logic to buttons instead of axes?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Either Joy2Key or Joystick Gremlin can convert analogue axis movement to keystrokes or buttons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

44 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

Either Joy2Key or Joystick Gremlin can convert analogue axis movement to keystrokes or buttons.

Joystick Gremlin detects the triggers as a single analog axis unfortunately. You can't use it in scenario where you have to pull both triggers at the same time.

I use ReWASD instead. On the plus side it also supports the additional paddles on the Xbox Elite controllers as separate buttons.

• Thanks 1

I use Joystick Gremlin for that. 

I tried getting the axis to register as 1st detent from 0% to 90%, then second detent from 90% to 100% for the laser, but it seemed like there is not enough pull on the trigger to really be useful.  I ended up going with no action until 90% and then activate second detent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MK84 said:

Joystick Gremlin detects the triggers as a single analog axis unfortunately. You can't use it in scenario where you have to pull both triggers at the same time.

Hmm.  I read that somewhere else as well, but it is working on mine.  My controller shows up with 6 independent axis.

Maybe it depends on the controller?  Or maybe there is something that changed in a recent version of Joystick Gremin?

3 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Hmm.  I read that somewhere else as well, but it is working on mine.  My controller shows up with 6 independent axis.

Maybe it depends on the controller?  Or maybe there is something that changed in a recent version of Joystick Gremin?

Hmm it's possible. I haven't tried with my other controllers yet. Will check it out.

vJoy maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I haven’t tried it yet but the free AntiMicro software apparently works well for OP’s issue according to users in 2 other threads in this category. 

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

8 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

Joy2Key worked for the triggers. I set them as Insert and Delete and put weapon and laser functions on those keys. Works like a charm so far. However, setting the left joystick as keys was a nightmare as it's too sensitive so I came up with a different mapping idea. But overall the Joy2Key program is working for me thanks. 

CPG Controls.png

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

12 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Which version of Joystick Gremlin are you running btw?