Can't change rocket range to auto after using Hellfires

609_Relentov
Go to solution Solved by 609_Relentov,

After using Hellfires with George AI, I WAS to rockets, then when I attempt to change the ranging to auto by selecting B6 (MANRNG) on the WPN page, and then clicking "A" and "ENTER" on the keyboard unit, the range information to the left of the FOR box on the IHADSS does not show "A".

If I spawn an AH-64D and immediately WAS to rockets, the "A" does show up to the left of the FOR box on the IHADSS, so it seems to work otherwise.  Not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing/missing but wanted to verify.  Track attached (described behavior above shows at the end).

can not change rockets range to auto after using hellfire 2.trk

Quick follow up.  After further testing, I was able to change the rocket ranging to auto, after I changed from Hellfires both WAS'ing them as pilot to rockets, and having George AI WAS rockets after he was WAS'd to Hellfires.  It doesn't seem consistent, so you may want to check just the same.

Thanks.

• Solution

After more tests, I believe I was too high (i.e. > ~1200-1500 feet AGL) when I noticed this behavior.  I read somewhere in the AH-64D forum that there is a limit to how high you can be to use the radar altimeter for auto ranging.  Thus I don't believe this is a bug, please ignore.

• Like 1

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, 609_Relentov said:

After more tests, I believe I was too high (i.e. > ~1200-1500 feet AGL) when I noticed this behavior.  I read somewhere in the AH-64D forum that there is a limit to how high you can be to use the radar altimeter for auto ranging.  Thus I don't believe this is a bug, please ignore.

The radar altimeter only goes up to 1,420 before it blanks, so yeah without that...

But glad you found the cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head