Hovering command & landing George as a pilot

flavnet

Hello everyone! The AH-64D forum got super crowded! I join the crowd with two simple questions:
1) Is there a hovering command in the "pilot" station? Ok is a neophyte question but it seems strange to me that such a complex helicopter does not have a similar command;
2) in the "CPG" station how do you command George to land? I managed to get the helicopter to stop at 10 feet but there is no way to bring it down!!!
Thanks to anyone who wants to answer me.

56 minutes ago, flavnet said:

Hello everyone! The AH-64D forum got super crowded! I join the crowd with two simple questions:
1) Is there a hovering command in the "pilot" station? Ok is a neophyte question but it seems strange to me that such a complex helicopter does not have a similar command;
2) in the "CPG" station how do you command George to land? I managed to get the helicopter to stop at 10 feet but there is no way to bring it down!!!
Thanks to anyone who wants to answer me.

1) I believe Wags said that a hover hold mode would be coming at some point later on in early access.

2) I've managed to get him to put wheels on the ground once, but only once. He'll generally stop at around 3ft. I just jump in the back and bottom out the collective.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 8:46 PM, frostycab said:

2) I've managed to get him to put wheels on the ground once, but only once. He'll generally stop at around 3ft. I just jump in the back and bottom out the collective.

You have more luck than me.  I jump to the backseat to land it and it immediately starts spinning and then I flop on my side to flap around like a dying fish.

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]