Noob, some questions about F-16 module

jimblue74

i just bought this module and i noticed that there are no training missions for the GBU, why?

second question, I also noticed that there is only one paid campaign available for this module, will more be released soon?

third question, some time ago, I did some practice with a10 and f18, now I would like to dedicate myself to the F16 as a multirole aircraft. And, let's say, already playable? Can you confirm that, among modern jets, it is one of the affordable and not overly complicated ones?

1. IDK. You should ask ED. 

2. Same as above. 

3. Totally playable in terms of both A/A and A/G. A lot of if not most features are implemented. Many weapons choices, and it can carry a lot of them (6 Maverick + 6 CBU-97 + 4 AA missiles, and a center tank/jammer for example). F-16 is one of the eaisest modern jets to fly, learn, and enjoy. Cold start is extremely simple and fast (way better than A10 and F18) if you skip the checking and testing stuff, which are not necessary in DCS unless you want realism. HOTAS and avionics logic is the best ever designed (Viper pilots laugh when Hornet pilots have to move hands off the throttle and stick to push buttons). Best multirole jet ever made. 

Oh btw, it's a rocket ship. It can out accelerate all playable jets in DCS. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, SCPanda said:

3. Totally playable in terms of both A/A and A/G

I agree to disagree on the AA part.  
The issues with the radar will only give you headache in the long run and is a huge issue imo. issues with radar elivation.  lock issues etc.
And from what i can tell. the issue has not been fixed in the latest beta patch.

They have been focusing on the FM and breaking other stuff in the game instead.

I had to stop playing the F16 for now and think of my health instead. dont want blood veins to pop.
I am sure the issues with the radar will be resolved at some point tho.

As for the Cold start. yes its simple and fast. but its not hard in the A10.  i dont know about F18 as i dont have that module.

Edited by nuxil
bcos
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, nuxil said:

I agree to disagree on the AA part.  
The issues with the radar will only give you headache in the long run and is a huge issue imo. issues with radar elivation.  lock issues etc.
And from what i can tell. the issue has not been fixed in the latest beta patch.

They have been focusing on the FM and breaking other stuff in the game instead.

I had to stop playing the F16 for now and think of my health instead. dont want blood veins to pop.
I am sure the issues with the radar will be resolved at some point tho.

As for the Cold start. yes its simple and fast. but its not hard in the A10.  i dont know about F18 as i dont have that module.

ok, i read something about it. But they say that these problems are mainly related to multiplayer. For the single player part it should not seriously affect its functioning. Anyway thanks for the tip

9 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

As for campaign, I highly recommend DCS Liberation.

I fly it exclusively

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks, looks interesting! A dynamic campaign as Falcon 4.0 is my dream! Before I must learning the F-16

Edited by jimblue74

Thanks, looks interesting! A dynamic campaign as Falcon 4.0 is my dream! Before I must learning the F-16
It's not quite like that, but it gives the impression of a massive scale conflict.

Liberation generates a theater with a bunch of missions you can choose or edit and then you load them in the mission editor.

Be warned, it is very system intensive, so create a few to get a feel for what your machine can handle. Highly recommend 32gb or RAM.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk