is George actually storing the target?

tekrc

I tell CPG George to start tracking a target. he calls "lasing, stored" but nowhere in my coord screen do I see the new target in any of the available sections. am I missing something obvious?

Edited by tekrc

Haven't bothered to do it myself yet for George's targets, but have you checked to see if your TSD is in ATK mode rather than NAV? Unless you've gone into the SHOW settings and its subpages to edit the defaults then I don't believe TG points are displayed in NAV mode.

7 hours ago, frostycab said:

Haven't bothered to do it myself yet for George's targets, but have you checked to see if your TSD is in ATK mode rather than NAV? Unless you've gone into the SHOW settings and its subpages to edit the defaults then I don't believe TG points are displayed in NAV mode.

He is not talking about showing TGP on TSD. If you try George to shot LOAL he needs to store TGP so Hellfire knows where to fly. But nothing shows up on COORD page.

George doesn’t currently store any target, even though in the voice over he says he does. 

Maybe he will in the future. But for proper LO/HI LOAL shots, he’d need to be commanded to select the desired point as ACQ source. Which might not always be the last stored point. So it gets complicated, best way is to hop in front seat yourself or do multi crew. 

33 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

But for proper LO/HI LOAL shots, he’d need to be commanded to select the desired point as ACQ source. Which might not always be the last stored point. So it gets complicated, best way is to hop in front seat yourself or do multi crew. 

George does just fine with LOAL HI launches..  Just tried in MP with success, target sitting behind tree line.  👍

You are correct though if you have a human CPG.

On 3/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, 26-J39 said:

George does just fine with LOAL HI launches..  Just tried in MP with success, target sitting behind tree line.  👍

You are correct though if you have a human CPG.

Do you by any chance have track or video of that? You said it was behind tree line, did you have someone lasing for you?

I can't get him to hit with clear LOS in LOAL mode, not to mention obscured target.

18 hours ago, admiki said:

Do you by any chance have track or video of that? You said it was behind tree line, did you have someone lasing for you?

I can't get him to hit with clear LOS in LOAL mode, not to mention obscured target.

Ive done this too. for anything other than dir fire you have to be pretty far away. but it does work. process is the same for all trajectories. get george to mark the target (select it in the menu) when he stores it and you get the tiny box. steer towards the target area and command fire (need to hold it sometimes) and he should shoot the missile and automatically start lasing. if not back off past 5km and try again. if you have a jtac or buddy doing the lasing, select hellfire manually and set a target point at the target area yourself as your acquisition source (VERY IMPORTANT if you dont set a good acq source the missile wont come down when its supposed to and can overshoot the target area)

7 minutes ago, tekrc said:

Ive done this too. for anything other than dir fire you have to be pretty far away. but it does work. process is the same for all trajectories. get george to mark the target (select it in the menu) when he stores it and you get the tiny box. steer towards the target area and command fire (need to hold it sometimes) and he should shoot the missile and automatically start lasing. if not back off past 5km and try again. if you have a jtac or buddy doing the lasing, select hellfire manually and set a target point at the target area yourself as your acquisition source (VERY IMPORTANT if you dont set a good acq source the missile wont come down when its supposed to and can overshoot the target area)

LOBL works fine. LOAL, few problems: George is not storing TGP (title of this thread), but even if I store point manually he never starts lasing, missile just sails past.

With AI JTAC, I store point manually, fire and ask for laser, missile hits every time

19 hours ago, admiki said:

LOBL works fine. LOAL, few problems: George is not storing TGP (title of this thread), but even if I store point manually he never starts lasing, missile just sails past.

With AI JTAC, I store point manually, fire and ask for laser, missile hits every time

it doesnt have problems it works like it should. just need to understand how george is set up

if you store the point he doesnt use it. george only uses his tads as acq. if you want to use a point you entered, you have to shoot then tell him to switch to hellfires in lobl so he can start lasing or have a buddy do it.

if you want george to lase his own shot you have to be far enough away, have george spot the target, be low if not using direct. command shoot, then pop up so he has line of sight. if using direct you just have to bring your nose down toward the target more than you would in lobl. he will auto lase when missile is part way to the target

19 hours ago, admiki said:

its off topic, but here, I made a video demonstrating this does work. follow along in the description for what I'm doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7V-y-Bj4pk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@tekrcthank you.

Using your guide, we made buddy lasing working in MP. Flying 3 types: 2 single pilot helicopters, one single and one fully crewed and 2 fully crewed helicopters.

procedure for doing buddy lasing flying with George:

- pilot should always have TADS video on his MPD

-before going into AO, check that all members that are flying can see the laser for designator bird, set him in LOBL mode and select a target, shooting bird should just look into that area

- designator bird moves into position and scan the area, shooting pilot inputs required grid and sets it as his ACQ source, sets desired trajectory and get his helicopter into constraints. PILOT FIRES THE MISSILE. Once he gets lasing cue, designator pilot selects desired target for George (George will start lasing)

Flying full MC:

- pilot should always have TADS video on his MPD -before going into AO, check that all members that are flying can see the laser (designator pilot, shooting pilot/CPG)

-if designator laser is missing, CPG should cycle it on/off until it can be seen(probably desync)

-designator pilot and CPG should always confirm what has been targeted, especially if LMC is used due to possible desync

If flying one full MC and one George, use appropriate sections from above in accordance to your role

• Like 1