Save Target Location

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by JetJake76,

Looking through the manual but may have missed it: how does one point the TADS to an enemy location and then save that target point for quick recall later? Or like the SPI from the A-10. Thanks!

Update: I think I figured it out. On the left hand grip hit the "STORE" rocker switch up. It'll mark a "T01" on the TSD. Then you can make that your ACQ source and recall it when slaving. 

There are probably more/better ways to do this but it's a work-around for now.

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Still just working on flying and landing but your question made me curious.  Is there a "Store" button available for the pilot or just the CPG?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

5 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Looking through the manual but may have missed it: how does one point the TADS to an enemy location and then save that target point for quick recall later? Or like the SPI from the A-10. Thanks!

Update: I think I figured it out. On the left hand grip hit the "STORE" rocker switch up. It'll mark a "T01" on the TSD. Then you can make that your ACQ source and recall it when slaving. 

There are probably more/better ways to do this but it's a work-around for now.

I think you need to lase before pressing STORE

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Sarge55:

Still just working on flying and landing but your question made me curious.  Is there a "Store" button available for the pilot or just the CPG?

In one of Wags TSD videos (second or third) he mentions that the pilot can store the current aircraft location by hitting a mpd button. He said that this is used as orientation if the aircraft gets under fire and has to evade. Apart from that, I haven't seen anything else.

• Thanks 1

• Solution
6 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

Is there a "Store" button available for the pilot or just the CPG?

In the CP/G cockpit, the "Store" button is on the "Left Hand Grip". You can choose between "store" - create new point, or "update". If the TSD screen is in the NAV mode, it creates a waypoint, if in ATK mode - a target point is created. Then you can slave to this point with the "slave" button on the "Right Hand Grip".

Edited by JetJake76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JetJake76 said:

In the CP/G cockpit, the "Store" button is on the "Left Hand Grip". You can choose between "store" - create new point, or "update". If the TSD screen is in the NAV mode, it creates a waypoint, if in ATK mode - a target point is created. Then you can slave to this point with the "slave" button on the "Right Hand Grip".

thanks, i was pretty close!

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 7:03 AM, JetJake76 said:

@JetJake76 do you know how to update a stored Target, unable to figure it out, or maybe still not implemented even though we have the bindings for it? (i don't mean to edit using the keyboard, but update as per the Store/Update switch in down position.

1 hour ago, Doum76 said:

@JetJake76 do you know how to update a stored Target, unable to figure it out, or maybe still not implemented even though we have the bindings for it? (i don't mean to edit using the keyboard, but update as per the Store/Update switch in down position.

The update switch is not working for anything in the current version as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

UPT is used for position updates to the INU, which isnt implemented yet.

The only way to edit an existing point is manually using the Keyboard Unit from the TSD>POINT page.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head